LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I havenít met his kids!

Platinum Member
    I agree with couples counseling first and foremost to have a mediator listen to this and help you sort this out. This is messed up that you cannot meet his kids.

We have fought so much about this and it is unacceptable his children did not attend the wedding !! I did call off the wedding especially when he told me that my 13 year old son couldnít be the ring bearer if his own kids werent in the wedding what would my friends sayĒ! Is His exact words. Which his kids could have been... he just had this way of twisting like they will be confused there too little ... I have thought many times to reach out too his ex !! If I was her I would be pissed... I just donít get what the hell he is hiding? Iím so upset about this I thought I would give him time but this is ing ridiculous:( I prepared too leave this marriage Iím so upset and hurt... and yes he has been unfaithful too me too, I have forgiven him but I cannot forget. During this same time period my younger sister died of cancer so mind was just all over the place and emotional

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Momof3boys
    We have fought so much about this and it is unacceptable his children did not attend!! I did call off the wedding especially when he told me that my 13 year old son couldnít be the ring bearer of his own kids were in the wedding? Which they could have been... he just had this way of twisting like they will be confused there too little ... I have thought many times to reach out too her!!! If I was her I would be pissed... I just donít get what the hell he is hiding? Iím so upset about this I thought I would give him time but this is ing ridiculous:(
    So...why did you go through and put the wedding back on, then? So what if they were too little. My nephew was the ringbearer and niece was the flower girl at my sister's wedding. The flower girl was too little to understand what to do, so her mom who was a bridesmaid pulled her in a little wagon with flowers on it. She had an adorable dress, but wasn't old enough to count on her walking down the aisle and doing her thing (she was 18 months old). And the nephew was a little too young too -- a 4 year old would be great but he was 2 and so he held his Grandma's hand down the aisle while Grandpa walked with the bride. The 6 year old would have been a pro.

The reason why they would be confused is their dad was getting married to a stranger and that was dad's fault.

I think this guy is either hiding a secret or wants to isolate you and is a bit abusive.

Hi yes his ex lives about 2 hours away ... he did not contest to the custody he regularly saw his boys and when we moved in he would talk more to them on the phone then visit in person ... they use to live in the same city my husband and his ex. He also clsimef too me she is only acting like this because she is bitter I moved on and that she thought they could possibly still get back together. Regardless we are all adults this makes no sense I feel like my family and I are not good enough or something? And he had told me that his ex has said that too hi about her kids and her.... both us women are clearly thinking the same kinda of way.... just donít get what his problem is with us all meeting ?

Platinum Member
    He wasn't paying child support until she filed? Something is off with this situation.

Bronze Member
    Something smells fishy as there is this, then the other post stating she just got married and found out he cheated?

We have fought so much about this and it is unacceptable his children did not attend the wedding !! I did call off the wedding especially when he told me that my 13 year old son couldnít be the ring bearer if his own kids werent in the wedding what would my friends sayĒ! Is His exact words. Which his kids could have been... he just had this way of twisting like they will be confused there too little ... I have thought many times to reach out too his ex !! If I was her I would be pissed... I just donít get what the hell he is hiding? Iím so upset about this I thought I would give him time but this is ing ridiculous:( I prepared too leave this marriage Iím so upset and hurt... and yes he has been unfaithful too me too, I have forgiven him but I cannot forget. During this same time period my younger sister died of cancer so mind was just all over the place and emotional
    I'm very sorry for your loss.
    I think that it could be more to it and it might not even have to do with cheating or the overlapping of both of you when you started dating. He probably doesn't want you and the ex in contact. Does he talk bad about her? Does he say she's crazy and stuff?

Originally Posted by jellybean2018
    Something smells fishy as there is this, then the other post stating she just got married and found out he cheated?
    He cheated on his ex?

Is that his other wife and you are his american wife? It sounds like he has two wives/families.
    He was married for 5 years. he is of Nigerian culture

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Is that his other wife and you are his american wife? It sounds like he has two wives/families.
    i didn't get the sense that the kids lived overseas --- i got the sense that she was referring to the Nigerian culture - there are exceptions but what is acceptable behavior for men in a relationship in that culture is way different than what is more standard elsewhere.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice