So recently I've been cutting off all my so called friends there not supportive and there all stuck on the same page in life. Partying and doing drugs now that I'm pregnant and sober I realize the people I surround myself with will never help me do anything. They don't visit now or anything if it's not about drugs or alcohol they don't come around and that's fine .

I'm thankful for realizing this before it gets any deeper. I want to change my surroundings . I have a 4 yr old and I've been a good parent no matter if my friends are or not. Which they or not. But that's them. I realize I want better and I don't want to keep these old friends who are comfortable living the same lifestyle making the same mistakes .

But where do I began ? It's hard making Friends when there's not a lot to do in my small town. I'm a home body and it's getting out of control I'm currently getting my license back so I don't drive to just get up and go.

I want better friends with goals and a future. And that actually call and check up on there friends and don't just want to party all day and night with no jobs

Where do I begin . Im a little shy but I'm at a point in my life where im pushing through anything that's holding me back from living my best life. I'm a good friend and I would like the same in return. I'm friendly but have that resting b#*t* face syndrome I'm serious I know it probably stops people from approaching me I am working on all these things

Parent groups? Reading groups? Check out the meet ups in your area and endeavour to attend some?

If you can wrangle the time and funds take a short course in something? If funds are tight look for free sessions.

You are mighty for fading out the friends you have outgrown and I wish you success in your meeting new people missions

If no meetup.com groups like Mommy and Me exist in your area, you could always start one. You could plan things like meet at a park and have a picnic lunch and let the kids play on the playground. You could ask a speaker like a pediatrician to talk about a subject mothers are interested in while the kids play with toys. You could meet at the library and let the kids look at books in the children's section while the moms chat. You can look online for more ideas for activities for these types of groups. Good luck.

Archived