I dont know what to do

Jennifervdh

5 years ago i met a guy and we hit it off immediately, there was wit, excitement and a lot of fun, we were 15 and 16 at the time so we both never really had all that stuff before. It was a pretty big deal for me but we were never officially dating. That didnt really bother me because what we had was enough and i was scared that something was going to change if we put a lable on it ( i think that has to do with my divorced parents and my moms inability to keep a man for more that a year.) But i think my fear of commitment made him insecure and we gradually stopped talking. About a year after we stopped talking we ran into eachother at a party and it felt like we never stopped. We had so much fun that night and it all felt like old times, he texted me the next morning we talked for a bit but after that I didn’t hear anything from him again. We would occasionally run into eachother talk for a bit and go our separate ways. But last month out of the blue he started responding to my insta and snapchat stories again asking questions about how ive been and what ive been up to lately stuff like that. Shortly after that began i ran into him at a bar we were both drunk and i went home with him.(smart i know.) We occasionally talked after that and now he texted me that he wants to go out for drinks with me, but i think I ruined it by replying sarcastically and kind of dodgy. I do want to do it, all the guys ive been with after him were nothing in comparison and he was and is the only guy i have ever loved. But im scared of a repeat of what happened in the past so everytime he comes close i push him away but i dont want him to go and i dont know what to do. Especially now that i think i ruined it. So any advice you guys can give is welcome.

Get you head out of the sand, you are not 15 anymore you are an adult now. Have an open honest discussion with him of what you would be interested in and see if he wants the same. All this fussing around is only going to get you nowhere because he can't read your mind. Step up, and get on with it.

It's called ghostly love syndrome. This happens to tens of thousands of people all over the world, everyday. You guys separated and fell out of love a long time ago. But you met again and you are thinking of all the good times, but if you try to get together again, you will probably find that the feelings aren't there anymore.

You get one chance at love per person, per lifetime. It's not like the movies.

You two could be friends though, and because their is not love left, there will be no bad feelings of rejection. All it is, is a matter of time if you want to waste it exploring.

Did he just break up with someone? Why did he contact you "out of the blue"? It's up to you to decide what you want. Dating leading to a relationship, drunken hookups with regrets, etc. Don't play games, just decide what it is you want out of this encounter.

You get one chance at love per person, per lifetime.

☝Typo?

Archived