Need a third party's opinion on this.

LiamLansdown

So I met this girl through work back in November 2018. It was induction day and we were working in retail.

We had an instant connection, during the whole induction process we were sat in this room and made to watch videos. The guy that took the induction was funny and him and I would crack jokes. Every time I made a funny remark this girl would look at me and smile, laugh. We talked a bit, we had some things in common like we went to the same secondary school and everything. We sat together in break, she talked about her horses and how she lived on a farm. We got along really really well, and it showed.

Anyway, once that was over I added her as a friend on Facebook. She accepted my request within a minute, and that surprised me. She didn't message me but that was okay; I didn't message her either. At that point she was just a small crush I had, if we didn't meet again because we worked different days it wouldn't matter so much.

We did meet again, but this was now mid December. I was walking into work and saw she was working on an aisle. Her face lit up like a light when she saw me, and I smiled back. There were a few days leading up to Christmas where we worked together, but the best day was Christmas Eve. We both finished at 8:00, but I stayed later to help her because she'd been asked to help clean the store after closing. We carried boxes together and we were really starting to build some chemistry. Cracking jokes and sharing stories. It was just an all round good time. She said that I seemed like a really nice person and she regretted not spending more time with me. I said the same about her, at that point I guess I was starting to like her.

She gave me a lift home that night, and she said that if I ever needed a lift again, I should call her and ask. No matter what time I finished, even though she lived the next village over from me, and walking back from work only took me 10 minutes.

On the last day as a Christmas temp I actually managed to work the same aisle as her for a couple of hours. I was now going out of my way to spend time with her and it's probably the reason the company hasn't renewed my contract. I was now in love.

That night she opened up to me, told me stories about her past and everything. She'd had quite the rough life, and been put through abuse and worse. She showed me scars on her arms but she said she was better now; she was getting help. I knew from her small frame she had some kind of eating disorder as well but I didn't want to assume. She said she trusted me, that I seemed like someone who she could really rely on. I said I had her back, and we looked at each other and smiled. At the end of the night, I hugged her. It was a long, warm hug, and it was close and not awkward. She left in a hurry though and couldn't look me in the eyes. she was visibly flustered while I stood and looked cool about it. That's not the way it usually goes for me, I usually lose my nerve. But this girl made me feel safe.

A few days later, she texted me on Facebook. We talked some small talk, and I was quite annoyed that she was a texter, texting only a few words at a time. But it was okay, I wasn't hung up on it. I was fine with ending conversations. A few days after that, I texted her because I was doing some photography in her area. She responded very well, and she showed me where her house was. She seemed excited and happy that I was nearby and even offered to show me where some wildlife was that I could photograph, but on a different day.

That day came and it went great once again, we had so much chemistry by that point. We walked for a bit and she kept hugging me. Every few hundred yards she'd stop and hug me. She said I made her feel safe.

Oh and I should also mention, she was also engaged at this point to another boy. Shock, I know. That's why I didn't make any further moves on her, I was letting her lead. I hugged her back fully each time, and she smelled so good.

But anyway. We ended that day with a hug and that was that. Now, over a month later, I haven't seen her again.

We texted and it even got sexual at one point, where she described her sex life and I described my lack of one.

She said that I was her type through and through and it was a shame that I'd met her too late to get with her, I asked her if she would date me if she didn't have this other boy and she said yes without hesitation . She also asked if we could call but I declined because I was at a family get together, I offered a different time but she said she was also busy then.

I said that I liked her and we discussed our feelings. She said she got butterflies around me and that hugging me made her feel safe. But she didn't say she liked me back, and that's understandable because she had a fiancé and I really shouldn't have been chasing after I found that out.

But hey, her fiance was a ing . He cheated on her twice and bragged about it to her, and she still went back to him. I had to physically restrain myself from typing what I thought about him, but I let it go. A few weeks later, I don't know exactly what happened but she kinda went limp on me. The texts were dead, and it felt like we grew more distant. We were no longer #1 besties on Snapchat. I'm not an incel though so I wasn't bothered.

Her fiancé broke the whole thing off last Sunday and we talked on that day, she seemed utterly dejected and broken but she said she would be okay. I let her end the conversation with her ty stale replies and decided to give her space to come to me if she needed it. Six days passed. I was getting frustrated now, and it was valentine's Day. So despite not having a date I posted on my Snapchat story "Best Valentine's Day Ever" with some love emojis to see if she would take the bait.

Holy , two minutes later she was messaging me again with exaggerated love emojis. She asked why it was a good day and I kept my cool, saying that I had a really good time, and I didn't give anything away. She pressed on and I said that I just went for a walk. She beat me in that sense because then she soon ended the conversation.

The next morning I sent her a French meme because she's a French student and it was relatable. She saved it and we talked for a bit but her replies were ty as has become the norm. I ended the conversation by saying I was going out to find my lens cap (I had lost it, and it was a canon one so I didn't really wanna have to but a generic one) I went out and found it and she asked "are you out again?" Meaning was I out by her, and I was, but I said "yeah only to get my lens cap" because I was playing push and pull at that point to see if she would start to like me again. She seemed put out by what I said so I left it alone.

That evening she talked about her weight and everything and how stressed it was making her, she showed me a picture of her ribs and her body and I said "wow..." Like I was really into her and she asked to see my body too, so I did. She said she didn't expect me to have so much muscle and she said "wow..." Too.

I guess what I want to know from this is that do I have a chance with her? Have I blown it by giving away the fact that I like her? Or will she come to me when she's ready? Either way, I don't mind. I'll go on with my life if she goes a separate way to me, I am by no means invested in this. But I could be if she is.

You are not going to like this - but I would walk a way.

She was fully willing to get emotionally close to another man - even discussing sex, etc, and if she would ate you, while she was engaged.

Imagine how faithful she will be if she dated you? Not at all. She has no boundaries.

I think she really is looking for attention - or may very well be troubled.

I suggest you look elsewhere for love. Seriously.

I suspect you might want to try to be either a rescuer to her or take advantage of her vulnerability.

Either way, I would fade into the background. Don't text her picture of your body - and certainly don't date her or lead her on.

She is high on the rebound and crosesed every boundary while engaged. Bad news.

Archived