Hate my job i just recently started

emptyeffort

Bad decisions and being a lazy f*ck led me to the path im on. I failed to get my school degree because i was a lazy f*ck, hung around, tried to get a degree as a translator, failed because i was a lazy f*ck whos now stuck with 20k debt, hung around again and now i am working as a tech support for a huge hardware manufacturer everyone knows. The colleagues are awesome and it makes the climate at work very good but having to deal with the customers on the phone is just pure aids for me. I had to get a job and me being very out of shape and morbidly obese, it had to be something "stationary" that i could actually do 8 hours a day without dying.

im just writing this here, because getting out my thoughts like this usually helps me a lot. dont really expect many answers or advice. its my own fault. its an ok job tbh, its just me not being the right type of person to do it and have fun.

There are a few things that make me hate the job.

1. some customers are just plain stupid. a lot of my job until now required to look up stuff, that was publicly available information. it gets especially bad and really annoying when they have unrealistic expectations. they come to us with problems and arent satisfied with the solutions we give them because they thought itd be easier, to explain it broadly.

2. while the people there are nice, we dont get the training we would need to do a better job. its very frustrating and my colleagues are annoyed as well. i was promised training with a specific type of hardware we offer of which i know nothing about and almost 2 months later i havent gotten anything and i barely have knowledge about it. i dont really have to care but that means i have to ask a lot when i get customers with issues on those things

(issue is we are not directly working for the hardware manufacturer but the support is being outsourced to the company i am working at.)

3. the service (repair especially) of products is fcking trash. as with the support theyre trying to spend as little money as possible, so they send the repairs to a servicepartner and we have to deal with so many people who sent in their hardware (sometimes for 4 weeks at a time) and it goes back unrepaired. and whos left to deal with that sh*t? we are. and sometimes they sent it in multiple times.. then it gets really fun to deal with the customers. not only is it a super sh*tty situation to deal with, obviously i also feel sorry for them but i cannot do anything about the situation but tell them that they have to resend it in..

4. this is the biggest issue that i didnt think would be too bad: i hate speaking to customers on the phone etc. i just plain hate it. when i started i didnt think it was gonna be that bad for me. i was doing more of chat. it is still very annoying but way more manageable to me. ive chatted a lot in the past, i type incredibly fast and i enjoy it more than having to deal with the customers on the phone. on the phone i just feel so uncomfortable having to speak to them especially when its problems caused by the manufacturer or stuff i cannot help with. Today they put me more on the phone and i hate it so much ive been trying to find another job for 2 hours today when i got home with my measily non existent qualifications. it made me even type up this post, to manage my thoughts and calm down.

i dread tomorrow and the day after and every day after that. i dont wanna go. unfortunately im stuck with it for now.

what the job showed me tho, is that i am not actually that lazy. i do my stuff and i do it well. im actually conscientious, which i didnt really know. after years and years of school and "learning" i just got really tired of it, which is why i didnt finish my school and the translator degree (which was just more school) and now.. now i pay for it. gotta stand up every day for a job i hate that isnt even well paid..

you read that a ton. i know many people feel the same. just didnt think id be one of them one day.

Is it this job?

"im happy about the job itself since there were a bunch i applied to where i wasnt really interested in just cz i needed the money.

pay is good, the company seems really cool and caring. ill be starting in january

im really happy and hope this is the first step to a better life."

I've been in your place for about 3 months. I'd go to job, sit in my car trying to make myself stop shaking and get into the work every day. Having an a*hole boss didnt help a bit either.

Prepare yourself to change work. Read your contract and find out how long of a notice do you have to put in and start looking in the options you have. Take your time, there is no reason to replace one sh*tty job with another. Great thing about your situation is that now you know what to look for and which questions to ask your potential future employer.

Put feelers out there. I too am not a fan of my job, but I don't necessarily hate it I just don't love it. Frankly I can tollerate it, but am thinking. I don't get sick or paid time off, my pay checks don't come on the date expected, they are when she gets around to them. I'd get better perks working elsewhere, I get free adjustments, but still I could live without those. I'm thinking about things, I don't get paid very much my fault on that, but the hours are pretty good, and I don't generally have to work weekends. So there's give and take.

Until I can find other work, possibly within the same company, I'd decide to view every call as a way to build my psychology skills and my resilience--both are important life skills. Instead of focusing on feeling hatred, I'd set my own challenges and reward myself for meeting each challenge. I'd opt for an overhaul on my health, so maybe I could perform tech support in other, less stationary ways. I'd look at my current position as a platform for taking steps to the things I DO want in the future.

We get to choose whether we'll make any situation more difficult on ourselves or easier. It's a decision.

Head high.

Is it this job?

yes its that job. turns out they sold it a lot better than it actually is. also as said i didnt think having to phone with such customers would just pull me down so much. i was happy at the time that i finally found some work that didnt seem too bad, and it could be a lot worse for sure. but i need to fins

Prepare yourself to change work. Read your contract and find out how long of a notice do you have to put in and start looking in the options you have.

i can leave within 2 weeks, id just have to find another job to change to first

@catfeeder

youre not wrong, its just hard to view something that i hate to do in a more positive way. its not like i cannot speak to strangers. its no problem in that sense i just really would prefer not to work in that kind of business. for that kind of job its a great position that i got. there are A LOT worse. times are good, i have weekends free and i dont have to sell anything. its just that personally i hate doing that kinda work. i didnt know before hand it would be that bad for me. i was actually really happy and looking forward to that position.

So, you keep a paycheck going and get on Dice, Indeed, or whatever job site you enjoy and start looking.

You didn't ask, but I would suggest you work on the obesity problem. consult with a doctor, get on an approved exercise program, and work on being physically healthy. Doing so can help your attitude and maybe even make your current job not suck so much.

You didn't ask, but I would suggest you work on the obesity problem. consult with a doctor, get on an approved exercise program, and work on being physically healthy. Doing so can help your attitude and maybe even make your current job not suck so much.

i am so drained from the job currently when i get home, i cant possibly muster the strength to do anything else but chill. i barely even game anymore. i am however slowly losing weight because im eating less and being more active because i have a job and a daily routine now. apart from me being there 9 hours a day and wasting around 10-11 not having "free time" the whole hating the job thing is even more of a mental burden on me.

http://www.indeed.com

Stick with the new job until you get another offer and decide to take it.

yep, thats the plan. they like me at the job and im doing good work there so i dont have to be scared to get let go or anything. the second i find something better with at least the same pay (which isnt that high to begin with) im out of there quicker than you can imagine. its just hard to get anything with my qualifications. im thinking about getting some, but that would mean earning WAY less cash for 3 years of getting those.

Archived