LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How honest is your new date?

How honest is your new date?

There is a new show on Netflix called. "Dirty John".
    It is based on real life events.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Those who are considering dating and finding someone online or those who rush into relationships, etc, need to watch this show.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by SherrySher
    There is a new show on Netflix called. "Dirty John".
    It is based on real life events.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Those who are considering dating and finding someone online or those who rush into relationships, etc, need to watch this show.
    Sherry!! Yes!

LHGirl referred it to me and I've seen all episodes (Cox On Demand). It originally aired on Bravo.

True story (not far from actual events), and I've watched interviews with the real Debra and her daughters too.

This Dirty John guy was one of the scariest, sociopathic individuals who ever walked the face of the earth, right up there with Ted Bundy, who I watched a documentary about just last nightl

Yes everyone, be careful! On line and off!

How many episodes have you seen SS?
    Last edited by katrina1980; 02-16-2019 at 01:08 PM.

All of them.

I binge watched..lol.

Not gonna lie, it creeped me out. I am so glad I have a husband and am not out there dating..yikes!!

Platinum Member
    All of them.

I binge watched..lol.

Not gonna lie, it creeped me out. I am so glad I have a husband and am not out there dating..yikes!!
    Well I hear ya about being creeped out!

I had a couple nightmares even, I got really into it, binge watched too.

Scary!!

But it's why we give the same advice that we do, right?

Don't rush into things, don't trust someone without knowing for sure who they are. You can't know them for sure without spending loads of time with them, etc.

I really wished people would listen! It can be so dangerous now a days!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at the show. Yeah, psychopaths are really bad news, not the kind you want to date.

When dating, you have to use your gut feelings.... if anything seems off in the early stages, you should disappear and cut contact. I'll bet their were warning signs but the women missed it because they were listening to their heart instead of their intuition.

Your head and your heart are liars. only your gut tells the true story.

because they were listening to their heart instead of their intuition
    Absolutely. But you know how it can go with new "love" and believing everything is "perfect". People get caught up in it and ignore the red flags.

Unfortunately in this day and age, it can be disastrous.

Platinum Member
    But it's why we give the same advice that we do, right?

Don't rush into things, don't trust someone without knowing for sure who they are. You can't know them for sure without spending loads of time with them, etc.

I really wished people would listen! It can be so dangerous now a days!
    Agree!

Some men (and women) can be master manipulators; apparently this John guy was, Debra married him after only 8 weeks!

So that's on her; I mean at 59, and four prior marriages, she really should have known better.

But loneliness can be really powerful and when we meet that "one right person" or someone we think is or could be, our common sense seems to fly right out the window.

Her daughter saw it, but Debra didn't, not until she had no choice but to see it.

I'm glad she and her daughters are all okay!

Platinum Member
    Look suspiciously at "love bombing", someone who launches dozens of bouquets of flowers at you (and/or your kids), bombards you with gifts and compliments and vacations, who is talking marriage and babies on the second date. He's not "so sweet!!!!!", he's trying to lock you down immediately for some certainly unsavory reason.

John was like most sociopaths, charismatic, charming, decent looking, acted like a gentleman.

I think that's what most frightening with these types, you truly cannot tell right away.

Yes, there were some red flags along the way, but even Debbie's mother though he was prince charming.

It really does make me cringe. People need to be careful. Get to know who you are letting into your life and do it thoroughly!

Page 1 of 18 1234 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice