LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my boyfriend will not stop talking to this girl

Gold Member
    I've never understood why people question why LDR's have such a high failure rate. People should assume and accept the risk of infidelity upon entry. It's hard enough to cultivate and maintain a healthy and positive relationship with relatively close proximity to a partner in the age of social media and electronic dating options.

I know I sound like a heartless d*** for saying this but it's tough for me to have empathy in situations like this. However, I've been heartbroken and shattered over the end of a relationship and later seen signs of emotional cheating. For that, I'm respectfully sorry for the pain that the OP is going through and wish her the best in her positive recovery and growth.

Sorry this is happening. Free yourself from this. It's not healthy. Dating local boys is healthy. He is looking to get out of a LDR (very understandable, since they are too difficult) and date local girls. You should do the same.
    Originally Posted by rvan
    yes I met him couple of time But suddenly he asked me this question. Why now, why did he not ask years before. Why is he keep hanging out with this girl when he wants to marry?

Platinum Member
    It's not an "LDR" when you've only met a couple of times over the course of YEARS. It's an electronic leash that eventually most healthy people want to be released from.

A true LDR has a strong base to begin with before going long distance. Not someone you meet online only or who you meet on vacation or who you met once or twice for a few hours.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by boltnrun
    It's not an "LDR" when you've only met a couple of times over the course of YEARS. It's an electronic leash that eventually most healthy people want to be released from.

A true LDR has a strong base to begin with before going long distance. Not someone you meet online only or who you meet on vacation or who you met once or twice for a few hours.
    This ^^^. Let him go, stop worrying about his motivations and carry on with your own life. Find someone who's genuinely available to you, and is on the same page.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice