LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What to do?

Platinum Member
    As you've recognised, the real problem here is your very low self esteem.

I've known plenty of guys with prominent acne scars who have no problems either starting or maintaining relationships, and for them it was a non-issue. If you can deal with your emotional issues, and let yourself know that you are lovable and wonderful, it will become a non-issue for you, too.

Originally Posted by nutbrownhare
    As you've recognised, the real problem here is your very low self esteem.

I've known plenty of guys with prominent acne scars who have no problems either starting or maintaining relationships, and for them it was a non-issue. If you can deal with your emotional issues, and let yourself know that you are lovable and wonderful, it will become a non-issue for you, too.
    Sure, plenty of men have learned to 'lean in' to their rugged appearance in the same way a man who is suffering hair loss can look fabulous with a shaved head. It starts with a decision to 'wear it well,' and that translates into confidence, which translates in to 'hot'.

Bronze Member
    A few things:
    1. Its great that you are brave enough to come here and speak your mind, congrats on that
    2. There are treatments for the acne scars. I have a friend that has them too, and he is 40 and complains all the time.. I dont think its easy, but they have ways of "sanding down" skin, so the unevenness is less visible. Talk to your doc.
    3. consider counseling for your self esteem. you arent just about your skin. People will love you for who you are. I assume you are a kind warm caring person. and that is what someone will get to know and love
    4. you are 20. its time to have fun, and enjoy life. it will take time for you to find the one... dont rush it. meet people.. develop relationships.

Originally Posted by Austino96
    Man... Iíve been there and still am! Iím 22 just got dumped for another guy, balding(tho I look good with a shaved head), have bad acne scars on my back and face.

GO TO THE FU*KING GYM TOMORROW. Donít ever stop. Get big and get confident. Focus on your school work and developing a hobby. One day youíll save enough money to maybe get acne scar treatment. But thatís besides the point.

Get in with a good group of guys. Thatíll help solve your confidence.

As for the girl. The more time that goes by the more weird itíll be if you try to talk to her. BE GOOFY BE FUNNY. Not all girls will like you but youíll never know until you try. The way I see it if you can make them smile then itís a win. Never knowing is worse than rejection.

Go to the gym go to the gym go to the gym. Itíll be the best thing thatís ever happened to you.
    I have been working out and was able to put on some muscle but my body still looks really bad and gross with all the scars on my chest, back, shoulders and arms. So not much I can do about it I guess..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice