LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A strange attraction!

A strange attraction!

Iím interested to hear peoples storyís! Have you ever been attracted to someone who is not attractive? Thereís this guy helping out at my work and he is not conventional attractive at all but Iím weirdly super attracted to him and I havenít even talked to him so I canít say itís his nice personality. Heís got bad teeth, heís bald, heís got skinny body with a bit of a belly and really pale and freckly and even worse he had bad body odour. Heís helping out on a project and just seems confident in what heís doing maybe that attracting me to him? I would be keen to hear peopleís storys if they share a similar experience?!

One of my longest, most loving relationships! He was older, and even older looking with very wrinkled skin, with a bit of a belly, a smoking habit, no real muscle tone, bad posture. He had a high degree of respect for himself, was humble and graceful, drew clear boundaries with people, and he was smart as all. It was a pleasure being his gf.

Originally Posted by IAmFCA
    One of my longest, most loving relationships! He was older, and even older looking with very wrinkled skin, with a bit of a belly, a smoking habit, no real muscle tone, bad posture. He had a high degree of respect for himself, was humble and graceful, drew clear boundaries with people, and he was smart as all. It was a pleasure being his gf.
    Thatís lovely to hear. It goes to show that it really is whatís on the inside and the way someone carries themselves that creates a lot more attraction then just good looks alone.

Start making small talk with him and ask him out for coffee. At least that way your dilemma of magazine-cover handsome and what attracts you could be solved. If you get to know him a bit perhaps you'll find out what qualities are attracting you. Do you tend to be very picky or superficial? If this guy repulses you then don't ask him out, just be friendly.
    Originally Posted by Boo1986
    Thereís this guy helping out at my work and he is not conventional attractive at all but Iím weirdly super attracted to him and I havenít even talked to him so I canít say itís his nice personality. Heís got bad teeth, heís bald, heís got skinny body with a bit of a belly and really pale and freckly and even worse he had bad body odour.

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Start making small talk with him and ask him out for coffee. At least that way your dilemma of magazine-cover handsome and what attracts you could be solved. If you get to know him a bit perhaps you'll find out what qualities are attracting you. Do you tpicky or superficial? If this guy repulses you then don't ask him out, just be friendly.
    I canít as I noticed today he is married (wearing a wedding ring). He def doesnít repulse me quite the opposite, maybe if I did get to know him and his personality was bad he might repulse me - itís a fine line heís quite mysterious at the moment! Iím not superficial, Iíve never liked someone purely based on there looks they have to be a bit odd or have something about them different to make me attracted. Itís interesting how attraction can work.

Have you ever been attracted to someone who is not attractive?
    Sure, more often than I can count. I'm attracted to intelligence and competence and humor. These qualities alter the lens through which I 'see' people.

If I looked back at the women I've dated, I'm sure there are a few I wouldn't have been physically attracted to at all but for whatever else. I think the key difference there is that it takes me now looking back at the fact to notice it. There was never a moment of "I'm attracted to you... but you're actually not attractive."

That's not to say I've never had an experience you're describing, but that I wouldn't ever pursue someone who I'd actually note in my head is unattractive.

My first boyfriend was not that attractive. A bit of a weird guy, bald at 23, and he had a bit of a bad posture, and absolutely no experience with women.

He started writing me letters, and over the course of a summer vacation we emailed back and forth every day. Then we met again, and got together. He was the most romantic, caring person Iíve ever met. He used to draw little notes for me (he was an amazing artist), and we could talk about anything. I would have married him, but he was very religious in BCC and so I decided that Iíd never be comfortable living that lifestyle.

When I got to know him though, I felt he was really attractive!

Platinum Member
    Yes but it doesn't mean that it's because of the "inside" because there can be chemistry based on lots of stuff including looks - not just particular physical features - it might be pheromones (i.e. body odor lol) or the shape of his face -who knows - or it might be inside qualities. Yes it's happened to me and I'm no model so I assume that men have been attracted to me for more than my looks (or in spite I guess??)

I worked in a restaurant when I was in my early 20's.
    Management hired this guy who was pasty white, in his 20's but balding, somewhat effeminate and very scrawny.
    Not someone you would consider physically attractive.

Who would have guessed that within a couple months a few of the girls were competing for this same guys attention.
    His personality shown through and with that it changed his overall attractiveness.
    So, yes. It's possible.

Attractiveness is not limited to someones physical characteristics.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice