A strange attraction!

Boo1986

I’m interested to hear peoples story’s! Have you ever been attracted to someone who is not attractive? There’s this guy helping out at my work and he is not conventional attractive at all but I’m weirdly super attracted to him and I haven’t even talked to him so I can’t say it’s his nice personality. He’s got bad teeth, he’s bald, he’s got skinny body with a bit of a belly and really pale and freckly and even worse he had bad body odour. He’s helping out on a project and just seems confident in what he’s doing maybe that attracting me to him? I would be keen to hear people’s storys if they share a similar experience?!

One of my longest, most loving relationships! He was older, and even older looking with very wrinkled skin, with a bit of a belly, a smoking habit, no real muscle tone, bad posture. He had a high degree of respect for himself, was humble and graceful, drew clear boundaries with people, and he was smart as all. It was a pleasure being his gf.

One of my longest, most loving relationships! He was older, and even older looking with very wrinkled skin, with a bit of a belly, a smoking habit, no real muscle tone, bad posture. He had a high degree of respect for himself, was humble and graceful, drew clear boundaries with people, and he was smart as all. It was a pleasure being his gf.

That’s lovely to hear. It goes to show that it really is what’s on the inside and the way someone carries themselves that creates a lot more attraction then just good looks alone.

Start making small talk with him and ask him out for coffee. At least that way your dilemma of magazine-cover handsome and what attracts you could be solved. If you get to know him a bit perhaps you'll find out what qualities are attracting you. Do you tend to be very picky or superficial? If this guy repulses you then don't ask him out, just be friendly.

There’s this guy helping out at my work and he is not conventional attractive at all but I’m weirdly super attracted to him and I haven’t even talked to him so I can’t say it’s his nice personality. He’s got bad teeth, he’s bald, he’s got skinny body with a bit of a belly and really pale and freckly and even worse he had bad body odour.
Start making small talk with him and ask him out for coffee. At least that way your dilemma of magazine-cover handsome and what attracts you could be solved. If you get to know him a bit perhaps you'll find out what qualities are attracting you. Do you tpicky or superficial? If this guy repulses you then don't ask him out, just be friendly.

I can’t as I noticed today he is married (wearing a wedding ring). He def doesn’t repulse me quite the opposite, maybe if I did get to know him and his personality was bad he might repulse me - it’s a fine line he’s quite mysterious at the moment! I’m not superficial, I’ve never liked someone purely based on there looks they have to be a bit odd or have something about them different to make me attracted. It’s interesting how attraction can work.

If I looked back at the women I've dated, I'm sure there are a few I wouldn't have been physically attracted to at all but for whatever else. I think the key difference there is that it takes me now looking back at the fact to notice it. There was never a moment of "I'm attracted to you... but you're actually not attractive."

That's not to say I've never had an experience you're describing, but that I wouldn't ever pursue someone who I'd actually note in my head is unattractive.

My first boyfriend was not that attractive. A bit of a weird guy, bald at 23, and he had a bit of a bad posture, and absolutely no experience with women.

He started writing me letters, and over the course of a summer vacation we emailed back and forth every day. Then we met again, and got together. He was the most romantic, caring person I’ve ever met. He used to draw little notes for me (he was an amazing artist), and we could talk about anything. I would have married him, but he was very religious in BCC and so I decided that I’d never be comfortable living that lifestyle.

When I got to know him though, I felt he was really attractive!

Yes but it doesn't mean that it's because of the "inside" because there can be chemistry based on lots of stuff including looks - not just particular physical features - it might be pheromones (i.e. body odor lol) or the shape of his face -who knows - or it might be inside qualities. Yes it's happened to me and I'm no model so I assume that men have been attracted to me for more than my looks (or in spite I guess??)

I worked in a restaurant when I was in my early 20's.

Management hired this guy who was pasty white, in his 20's but balding, somewhat effeminate and very scrawny.

Not someone you would consider physically attractive.

Who would have guessed that within a couple months a few of the girls were competing for this same guys attention.

His personality shown through and with that it changed his overall attractiveness.

So, yes. It's possible.

Attractiveness is not limited to someones physical characteristics.

That's good to hear. May I ask what happened between you guys. It sucks to know even a long "most loving" relationship will end. I'm giving up on this relationship thing. I don't think I can take another heart ache like the one I have now. I hope all you ladies and gentlemen are doing okay. If anyone needs anyone to talk to I am always here. Bless you guys/girls

Archived