Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big difference between her moving on and her letting go of me

Wow, a lot of you sound really bitter. You're assuming a LOT about me and how I feel, and her intentions as well. I've actually improved myself quite a bit since our breakup, and I've made peace with what happened. I'm moving on steadily. It's her feelings I'm concerned about, not mine. Sorry I asked I guess.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by oceanmachine
    Wow, a lot of you sound really bitter. You're assuming a LOT about me and how I feel, and her intentions as well. I've actually improved myself quite a bit since our breakup, and I've made peace with what happened. I'm moving on steadily. It's her feelings I'm concerned about, not mine. Sorry I asked I guess.
    If you are more concerned about her feelings then yours, then there is a *lot* of healing on your part to be done. She is the one who was not concerned about YOUR feelings. She is bisexual -- she could have decided that although she is attracted to both sexes, she is madly in love and committed to YOU. Or she could have decided that the relationship was over because she wasn't satisfied unless she was with a woman -- and went on her way. But she didn't - she is hinting that you might be together after she gets it out of her system and she is enjoying your companionship in every way except for one. ANd therefore keeping you on a tether and that is NOT someone who cares about your feelings or should be put first.

You have to put yourself first.
    If let's say years down the road she decides that she is bi but prefers the partnership of a man, you run into eachother and sparks fly - that's one thing - but keeping yourself at her side like that only says "doormat"

I am not saying you can't be friends. But friendship does not mean "here is my neck exposed, cut it". you need to move on fully -- not be living with her and then at one point you can be platonic friends but you are naive to think this is healthy for you

Platinum Member
    It's her feelings I'm concerned about, not mine..
    Did it every cross your mind that you may be codependent?

The good news is, not 'liking' your answers entitles you to a full refund of the purchase price.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice