LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feel dumb for registering and posting

Originally Posted by Sadmad37
    Ok I have been reading a lot online about relationships marriage divorce etc and everything I see and read says I'm doomed for divorce. Have been for a long time.
    At this point I'm trying to establish a big, go for broke kind of an effort. I want to look back one day and say that i gave a and tried.

Surely someone else has felt this way? Am I crazy? I don't really want to save anything at this point. I don't know why I'm doing this. It's like i am trying to prove to myself I'm the better person or something is that totally ed up or what?
    No. Break ups- break you sometimes and when you aren't at your best you can't think straight.

I personally tried everything possible, probably long after it was dead just so I wouldn't look back someday and second guess my decision. I think regretting it for lifetime might have been worse or at least just as bad as ending it. Especially where the kids were concerned.

It pretty much cost me my sanity, but in the end, no regrets. At some point I recognized it was pointless, but I needed to make certain that I did everything I could so I would never risk looking back and wondering.

- And I never have.

You do what you feel you need to do.
    (within reason, of course)
    Last edited by reinventmyself; 02-14-2019 at 03:18 PM.

Originally Posted by Sadmad37
    Ok I have been reading a lot online about relationships marriage divorce etc and everything I see and read says I'm doomed for divorce. Have been for a long time.
    At this point I'm trying to establish a big, go for broke kind of an effort. I want to look back one day and say that i gave a and tried.

Surely someone else has felt this way? Am I crazy? I don't really want to save anything at this point. I don't know why I'm doing this. It's like i am trying to prove to myself I'm the better person or something is that totally ed up or what?
    It's good to be able to look back and know that you didn't fail for lack of trying. However, it's futile and destructive to attempt to prove that you're the better person. That's a killer of relationships right there.

Thanks I see some of you understand what I meant in my craziness

No regrets.
    Bye felicia

Platinum Member
    "At this point I'm trying to establish a big, go for broke kind of an effort. I want to look back one day and say that i gave a and tried."
    - Go for broke, effort, tried..., am I missing something?

You offered nothing and left with the same.

Originally Posted by Lester
    "At this point I'm trying to establish a big, go for broke kind of an effort. I want to look back one day and say that i gave a and tried."
    - Go for broke, effort, tried..., am I missing something?

You offered nothing and left with the same.
    Good point. OP expects to fail right out of the gate. Can there be any other outcome?

I see a lot of blame right there.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice