LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She thinks Im 35, Im 38. Shes 25

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    I have seen all kinds of profiles where someone says "My age is not correct, there was some kind of problem when I entered it and now I cannot change it" "My age is actually _____"

When I see that I know when they started on the site they shaved years off their age and then when they started meeting people they had to fess up so they went back and put a disclaimer on their profile.

I talked to one woman who did it intentionally. She told me she uses the younger age to get the guys to her profile and hopes when they are there they will like her pictures and profile so much that they will not care about the disclaimer age.
    I think in general people that put the wrong age in OLD do so for exactly this reason... whether they have a disclaimer or not, I find it extremely off putting... because it's shady and misleading and because it makes them look insecure and/or arrogant.

Platinum Member
    Here's the thing:

All the sites ask for the exact same thing, the first time you create a profile: Your exact birthdate. The sites do not have "glitches". You purposely entered your birth year wrong.

That's actually kind of hard to do. Think of your own birthdate right now, and enter it, but incorrectly. With as many times as we enter our birthdates on forms these days, one actually has to think about the incorrect response.

It's like back in the days when we tried to get into clubs, underage, using someone else's ID. The bouncer very quickly asks you both your age AND birth year, and you get kicked out. It's hard to think that quickly, incorrectly.

Own up to the fact that this was a LIE, not a "glitch".

You just need to tell her.

I don't know about that "glitch" thing, so don't be surprised if she's wary of that. I would be too.

But you need to be fair. Age does sound as though it's important to her and you need to be open and honest.

If she ends it, that's her right. Not every woman is okay with dating someone that much older.

I recall some man going to court because he wanted his age to reflect how he felt he looked. He was 50 something and wanted his birth certificate to be changed to 30 something.

LMAO...um, no. We all age, deal with it.

FYI, he also lost his case.

Gold Member
    Originally Posted by DancingFool
    It's just a way to get past women's filters thinking that once she sees their "youthful" appearance and charm, she will totally overlook her age boundaries....because you know....age is just a number and besides.....they are really sooooo much younger than their actual age.......life is just so unfair, you know. How dare these younger women discriminate like that and not want to date grandpa.....
    I know, I love when guys say, Im 38, but I look 28. Like, Ill be the judge of that! Lol

Gold Member
    I have seen all kinds of profiles where someone says "My age is not correct, there was some kind of problem when I entered it and now I cannot change it" "My age is actually _____"

When I see that I know when they started on the site they shaved years off their age and then when they started meeting people they had to fess up so they went back and put a disclaimer on their profile.

I talked to one woman who did it intentionally. She told me she uses the younger age to get the guys to her profile and hopes when they are there they will like her pictures and profile so much that they will not care about the disclaimer age.

If you do not know how to tell the truth I recommend you text her so you don't have to deal with her walking out of your next date when you do finally get up the nerve. What ever you do, don't insult her with the whole "I can't correct my age" story you told us. That will just make it worse.

Put the disclaimer on your profile or delete your profile and make a new one.

Lost
    Wow, women do this too? I just thought it was the (lame) guys who contact me.

Originally Posted by DaisyMayPorter
    I know, I love when guys say, Im 38, but I look 28. Like, Ill be the judge of that! Lol
    Wait, but Daisy? Im 39 but I look 29. It even says so on Bumble!

Kidding.

Also, can we just talk about the hilarious other part of this whole equation? The part where the 25 yr old swiped on the 35 yr old, agreed to a date, then used the date to talk about her concerns about the age gap?

People, know thyselves and own thyselves!

Who contacted who first?

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    Haha. Maybe he wanted to test it all out on us and see how the glitch story played.
    That's what I'm thinking.

She told me she uses the younger age to get the guys to her profile and hopes when they are there they will like her pictures and profile so much that they will not care about the disclaimer age.
    Basically, the message is, "I don't care what you want. I care what I want, and I will lie to get it, no matter how nonsensical that is."

Some of you took this and just ran with it huh? lol I talked to her today and let her know what was going on and she was fine with it. It didn't bother her one bit. Glad y'all went bat poop crazy with this. Doesn't take much to get the folks on this board worked up where they start accusing you of random BS. For the ones that actually attempted to help me, thank you, I appreciate you.

Peace.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice