LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: She thinks I’m 35, I’m 38. She’s 25

Bronze Member
    'But if that's the pool you want to try to swim in, you can't dive in sideways'

BC..I'll remember this expression and WILL shamelessly use it as my own. Brilliantly said, as usual.

Gold Member
    A glitch? Really? I just had a birthday and my age on OLD changed right away. It’s funny I’ve noticed 2-3 guys who mentioned they were one age on the top of their profile then said below in their description that they were older, I think because they want to attract younger women? Personally I think it’s shady. I had one guy say he was 47 above and 57 in his description. I mean, at least he told me up front but it was very confusing and weird to put two different ages, I’d prefer for someone to give their older, real age because at least they are being HONEST.

Originally Posted by DaisyMayPorter
    A glitch? Really? I just had a birthday and my age on OLD changed right away. It’s funny I’ve noticed 2-3 guys who mentioned they were one age on the top of their profile then said below in their description that they were older, I think because they want to attract younger women? Personally I think it’s shady. I had one guy say he was 47 above and 57 in his description. I mean, at least he told me up front but it was very confusing and weird to put two different ages, I’d prefer for someone to give their older, real age because at least they are being HONEST.
    It's just a way to get past women's filters thinking that once she sees their "youthful" appearance and charm, she will totally overlook her age boundaries....because you know....age is just a number and besides.....they are really sooooo much younger than their actual age.......life is just so unfair, you know. How dare these younger women discriminate like that and not want to date grandpa.....

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    It's just a way to get past women's filters thinking that once she sees their "youthful" appearance and charm, she will totally overlook her age boundaries....because you know....age is just a number and besides.....they are really sooooo much younger than their actual age.......life is just so unfair, you know. How dare these younger women discriminate like that and not want to date grandpa.....
    hahahahah this is so on point... I have had this happen both ways... encountered people setting their age lower or higher in order to get past age filters. It's one of the oldest tricks in the book. I find it super annoying because I set age filters for a reason... to me, age is not just a number... it isn't everything but it does generally tell me something about where they are at in life, physical health, and emotional maturity.

Don't use the dating site glitch story. Just be honest and state you feel and think you look younger and hoped to include a younger group of women. If you use that story she'll worry more about lying than ages.
    Originally Posted by Jack3d
    she brought it up immediately saying that she was a little concerned about the 10 year age gap. I’m 38, but can pass for about 28-31 most times anyway. Any help is appreciated!

Originally Posted by Metaltwin70
    'But if that's the pool you want to try to swim in, you can't dive in sideways'

BC..I'll remember this expression and WILL shamelessly use it as my own. Brilliantly said, as usual.
    Blush emoji. Giggle emoji.

In fairness—or, well, in some half cousin to fairness—I think it's kind of accepted that women fudge their age a bit out there in the wilds of romance. Like, I have a dear female friend who managed the miraculous feat of being 35 for, I think, 5 years. And I remember a hilarious moment when she was dating someone younger than her who wanted to fly her somewhere, but, gulp, to book the tickets he needed her birthdate.

She called me asking for advice, to which I said: you're awesome, you're hot, be honest, he'll just laugh. And if he doesn't? Well, he sucks. He did laugh—because, well, her "deception" is more culturally accepted.

Still, not all is fair in the pursuit of love and lust—and thank god for that. Which is to say, again: OP? If you're still listening? If this really is a "glitch" the quick remedy is writing "actually 38" under 35 and seeing how that honey works on the bears you're hoping to trap. Better yet, fix this "glitch" that you alone among millions have been plagued by.

There are, I assure you, 25 yr old women more than down to hang with a 38 yr old man. But take heed from this fellow traveler who has some pruned fingers (if also some great stories and good times) from playing Marco Polo in that pool: swim too long in shallow waters and you risk looking shallow to, you know, your actual peers. Let's just say that "My last girlfriend was 25" is not the cutest line to the over-30 set.

Platinum Member
    Funny how these “glitches” never work the other way around: never ends up being that the person is actually younger than the “glitch” shows.

Me? I’d dump your lying a*^ right now. Liars....nope.

Originally Posted by LHGirl
    Funny how these “glitches” never work the other way around: never ends up being that the person is actually younger than the “glitch” shows.
    lol. . very true
    Betting on her being young AND naive, she might buy it.

Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    lol. . very true
    Betting on her being young AND naive, she might buy it.
    Haha. Maybe he wanted to test it all out on us and see how the glitch story played.

I have seen all kinds of profiles where someone says "My age is not correct, there was some kind of problem when I entered it and now I cannot change it" "My age is actually _____"

When I see that I know when they started on the site they shaved years off their age and then when they started meeting people they had to fess up so they went back and put a disclaimer on their profile.

I talked to one woman who did it intentionally. She told me she uses the younger age to get the guys to her profile and hopes when they are there they will like her pictures and profile so much that they will not care about the disclaimer age.

If you do not know how to tell the truth I recommend you text her so you don't have to deal with her walking out of your next date when you do finally get up the nerve. What ever you do, don't insult her with the whole "I can't correct my age" story you told us. That will just make it worse.

Put the disclaimer on your profile or delete your profile and make a new one.

Lost

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice