LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Road Rage

Silver Member
    Thanks for all the replies. I wish to clear a couple of things: I'm not a timid driver. In fact, I am very experienced and competent. I am an advanced driver and hold a licence for large vehicles. On the said road, I couldn't have pulled over as the road is very narrow with parked cars on the opposite side so only one lane for traffic in both directions. So 28mph in a 30 zone isn't quite enough to antagonise other drivers into tailgating me. I wish he had passed me as I always allow drivers to do this on wider roads as I was taught in advanced driving that the accident will be theirs not mine. But like I say, he had no way to get passed me on this narrow road.

Platinum Member
    A lady once pulled a gun on me in traffic. Pointed it straight at me at the next stoplight, as we were side by side.
    I had been following my then-boyfriend, he on his motorcycle, to the repair shop, as his motorcycle would die if he stopped it, so we both were trying to make every green light, and she tried to get in between him and me, and I motioned to please let me in, and she refused. Next stoplight, she reached into her glove compartment and pointed her gun straight at me. Never been so scared in my life.

So I get your discomfort and unease.

People can be freaking idiots behind the wheel, sheesh.

Glad you are ok!

Platinum Member
    Wow!! So sorry to hear this LG- awful !!-and Astrogirl I get it and I hope you are feeling better.

I drive every day and I experience this every time even tho I don't wish to. But I live in a busy city, if youre not a pushover, nobody will let you merge or youll get honked and/or yelled at

Platinum Member
    Most merge issues are caused by not accelerating/matching traffic speed and signaling" BEFORE leaving the merge lane.
    There's always space between the cars for you.

Occasionally you might pull in front of a nonyielding driver. (i.e. The world/road should be perfect so I can go the same speed all the time.)
    When you do, remember they too don't really know how to drive.

* The longer you signal, the more pressure it's puts on the poor driver to yield.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice