LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Road Rage

Platinum Member
    Yep - really don't give this idiot any headspace. They're all around us, and if he wants a speeding fine then let him. It's very disturbing at the time because of the potential danger of the situation, but thankfully the lights were on green and you can let him speed out of your life.

Thankfully... at least you're not his wife, or his dog!

As much as you'd like to, don't react and avoid any means of confrontation. There are too many crazies out there that carry a gun, and will use it without hesitation.

Hopefully your car doors are always locked?

Originally Posted by Astrogirl
    Thank you. I am so shocked as to how shaken I feel.
    It's ok to feel upset. It's totally normal. Our bodies respond to threat by dumping all these hormones and our physiology don't care if it's an aggressive driver on the road or a tiger lunging at us. Modern roadways and societies are extremely stressful!

Just don't want you to feel like you are strange for having upset at this, no matter how common aggression on the road may be.

Make sure all your doors are locked. My car automatically locks the doors when I start driving, which is good!
    Hope you dont come across him again!

Take the plate/vehicle date/time info and report it to the police. Since there are traffic cameras they will be able to locate this driver. Also consider a different route if this one is poorly lit.

I'm sorry for your scare, but I'm glad you are okay. Have a plan in your mind should you encounter an aggressive tailgater again: pull over to allow passing, either on a shoulder or into the nearest driveway.

Platinum Member
    They rise and leave for a twenty mile commute with twelve traffic signals to go through.
    If all are green they MAY make to work on time, that rarely happens.

Stop looking at your rear view mirror. You're only responsible for what's in front of you.
    If you don't, sooner or later you'll hit something.

I'll just give you some practical advice. Since you are an overly cautious and timid driver, next time you are inching down the road below speed limit with other cars stuck up your rear....pull over and let them through. It will save everyone a whole lot of aggravation and keep you safe from angry psychos wanting to punch you in the nose. If they go barreling down that road and end up getting speeding tickets, that's their problem. The most dangerous thing you can do to yourself on any road is be a rolling speed bump. In the future, just pull over at first available place and let people pass you and then continue you on as you wish.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    I'll just give you some practical advice. Since you are an overly cautious and timid driver, next tiThe most dangerous thing you can do to yourself on any road is be a rolling speed bump. In the future, just pull over at first available place and let people pass you and then continue you on as you wish.
    I agree. While aggressive drivers are dangerous, deliberately blocking them only escalates the problem. Move out of the way to avoid becoming road kill. And on highways, stay out of the left lane!

Another vote here for pulling over and letting them pass. Don't be a hero!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice