Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is this still an issue???

This is more disconcerting than tweets. You don't trust him and perhaps with good reason. You also can't police people's social media activity. If you don't like it, break up. At this point you two are playing cat and mouse games, not in a respectful trusting relationship. Decide which you want.
    Originally Posted by missmaam
    he's been caught cheating before

He hadn't been on Twitter for over a year, decided to get back on it several days ago and I was blocked yet again.

Wait, so him tweeting in reference to awkward texts with his friends is unfathomable, but him tweeting in pretty much in the most public way to implicate himself in unfaithful activity is somehow more reasoned? Whatever the case, if he's at the point he'd block you to avoid these assertions, and if you're at the point of making them, it's quite obvious there is no trust and thus no real salvageable relationship.

Shame on him for cheating before, but what's done is done. You either forgive and trust him or you leave him high and dry, then and there. The vast majority of us aren't capable of the former, so it's not that I'm saying I don't blame you for not trusting him, but that you're then responsible for acting in accordance with that reality.

Originally Posted by missmaam
    Why is this still an issue???

... (he's been caught cheating before) ...
    You answered your own question.

You have an original reason not to trust the guy. You've stayed with him anyway, but the reason you don't trust him never went away. He points to your behavior as an excuse to avoid remaining transparent with you. So the real question becomes, why would you expect someone who you don't trust to behave in a way that is trustworthy?

I can understand he may want privacy with his friends, but I don't feel SOs should be blocked on social media. That is just too shady. My ex's affair was confirmed by how shady he and his coworker "mistress" were acting on Facebook with her blocking, unblocking, then blocking me. I'm sorry. I hope that's not the case here but something does seem off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice