Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you think this would be an ok letter to send to an ex?

Bronze Member
    Well done Memequeen. In my experience, the writing of the letter gets out what you need to say. Sending the letter to your ex is rarely going to get you the answers you would like and is rarely satisfying. I'm glad you waited and hope you continue to feel empowered within yourself, without his help.

Originally Posted by memequeen

I know we need to continue to move on with our separate lives and I realize ending it was best for both of us. But if you have any desire to be friends again, Iíd like that. I know we tried but I was still emotional about us ending and needed the space. Iíve had some time to recover now and Iíd rather be friends than nothing. If you ever want to reach out, share something with me, go get coffee or that drink I owe you (as friends of course), Iíd like that too. The ball is in your court.xx
    I read this through the eyes of your ex and this comes across as a hail mary move to convince him otherwise.
    He will see right through the ending of you saying you understand the breakup is for the best and you are volunteering to being demoted to being his friend.

Not sure if this is your intention, but as others have said, these letters are best not sent.
    At the very least promise yourself you will sit on it for a few day before doing anything.

It's ok. We've all written these letters. I have and I know it's carefully crafted in hopes of shifting the situation.
    Even if I didn't want to admit it to myself.

Thank you! I like what you did there. Maybe I'm being passive -aggressive and I do want to know what he would think. I think I make it clear I'm not over him. And you're right, being just friends is something I'd consider a demotion, so I best just leave it all alone. Thank you for your help.

My current boyfriend broke up with me once for 2 years! I said we could be friends. So, we would occasionally go out to movies or dinner, nothing heavy. And I would never let him into my house for more than 5 minutes while I put on my coat and shoes to go somewhere. I always dressed to look my best when going out with him and noticed other men checking me out on the street and smiled at them like the available woman I was. I treated him like a friend only and apparently it drove him crazy. He asked me to move in with him and we've been together for 7 years since then. The secret though is to never have sex with them and keep them out of your house and don't go into theirs for more than a few minutes. Be confident, be happy, and be your best.

Oh, and glad you didn't send the letter. It puts you in a one-down position. You are beautiful and you deserve someone who recognizes that!

Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice