Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it time to leave her?

I broker it off. I just told her "I can't help but thinking normal people don't live this way.......I am sorry but we have to part ways". Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by whendrex
    I broker it off. I just told her "I can't help but thinking normal people don't live this way.......I am sorry but we have to part ways". Thanks for the help
    Good for you. You did the right thing.

Platinum Member
    This is ridiculous. This should have been over long ago! Do you enjoy misery?

Do not ever allow people to treat you like this!

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    What has she done to "improve"? Therapy? Reading self-help books? Anything?

Or is it just "I know I need to 'improve'"?

Is the sex spectacular or something? I can't understand why else you are looking for excuses to stay.
    This. Every abusive person/controlling/cray cray person says they'll improve (as a way to keep the other person around when they're about to leave), but then they go back to their old ways. Unless she's on actual therapy and making tangible efforts and has an actual practical plan to improve, it means nothing. Let her improve if she wants and solve her issues, but without you around. She's clearly not mentally ready to have a stable and respectful relationship.

Good decision. Yes, this is not what a good and healthy relationship looks like and you shouldn't have to put up with it. Prepare yourself to same crazy behaviours from her after the break up, but stay strong.

Good on you!
    How did she react? Asking because you would do well to go no contact now so that she can't hoover you back with a promise (once again) that she will change but will have done sweet bugger all to facilitate that change.

You can't prove a negative. If you want to pretzel yourself for someone who doesn't trust you and isn't trustworthy herself, then go ahead--it's not against the law. You get to decide when you're too exhausted to keep this up, and at what point you'll prove to yourself that this kind of stuff only get's worse, not better.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice