Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2nd date tonight.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Agree. If you are still interested and still talking this would be a good dialogue, who knows? Maybe he was in the military and has PTSD or whatever.
    Or maybe he's just a person who doesn't find jokes about karate chopping someone "in the throat" funny and actually kind of creepy from someone he doesn't know well who types that to him.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Or maybe he's just a person who doesn't find jokes about karate chopping someone "in the throat" funny and actually kind of creepy from someone he doesn't know well who types that to him.
    I agree, Batya.

Joking about karate chopping someoneís throat would be an instant turn-off, at least for me, and would make me think that the person who said it had a lot of pent-up anger.

This guyís response may have been a bit over the top too with the ĎIím never going to see you againí (kinda dramatic), but I donít blame him for having initially cancelled.

At the end of the day, weíre all guilty of having said something we wish we could take back, or having said something that was meant in good fun but wasnít well-received. Youíre not alone, Lambert, just so you know.

I would just be careful in terms of joking about physically harming someone, since I think itís risky. Itís just one of those things where if you say it, you can definitely lose and not always win, you know? In my opinion, anyway.

Iím just envisioning a guy saying this to me and him assuming that I was to accept it as a joke and not take it seriously. I just canít wrap my head around this. Iíd be super spooked! That said, Iím kinda surprised that some people think his reaction was an over-reaction (unless theyíre referring to his actual response, which I found to be a bit dramatic).

Anyway, I donít want to beat a dead horse here.

I hope you two had fun yesterday, Lambert!
    Last edited by milly007; 02-08-2019 at 12:59 PM.

Batya, Milly Wiseman

THANK YOU! :)

Bronze Member
    Lambert,

I do not get why this was even any kind of an issue. It was harmless banter and he completely overreacted. What happened to his sense of humour??

Come on people. What next? Woman: 'Hey, your cat's kinda ugly ha ha' Bloke: DON'T YOU DARE INSULT MY BELOVED PET!!! BYE!! ENA: actually, that makes perfect sense. He loves his cat you see? I'd next you too.

I'm glad you sorted it out though!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice