Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Was fine until ex messaged..

This actually may sound counter-intuitive, but if he misses you enough and it is hard for him to even get in touch with you, it is a good thing. It might force him to realize how much he misses you and than make a real effort to get you back. Most of the time, the guy comes back after the breakup if he really loved you.

Thanks for the responses, I appreciate the advice!!
    I know it doesn't matter, but just out of curiosity, what are the chances of me hearing from him again after this incident or do you guys reckon he's likely to have made up his mind for good this time?

That's up to you and whether you want to be a yo-yo at the end of his strings or decide to delete and block him and move forward to more rewarding dating situations.
    Originally Posted by rachael260
    what are the chances of me hearing from him again after this incident

Platinum Member
    I know it doesn't matter, but just out of curiosity, what are the chances of me hearing from him again after this incident or do you guys reckon he's likely to have made up his mind for good this time?
    So you are not going to block him?

I'm curious to know what reasons you have for not blocking him.

I think you need to re-read Kittenlittles advice again.

*sighs*

I don't know the odds of him contacting you again are but unfortunately it appears that the odds of you answering him if he does get in touch again are 100 to 1 that you will.

What reason did he give you for cancelling?

Iím more hesistant to him because we were been good friends for years before we got together and we sometimes have to see each other for work.
    We actually were at the same work function a day or two after he messaged, so Iím not sure if thatís related to him cancelling either. I canít really think of any reason for him to cancel because of that though.
    He cancelled because he said he had family coming over for dinner but Iím not sure if thatís just a coverup for an out...

Platinum Member
    You have to see him at work so you "can't" block him?

You do realize that's an excuse, right?

Are you required to have the cell phone numbers of all of your coworkers?

Iím more hesistant to him because we were been good friends for years before we got together and we sometimes have to see each other for work.
    We actually were at the same work function a day or two after he messaged, so Iím not sure if thatís related to him cancelling either. I canít really think of any reason for him to cancel because of that though.
    He cancelled because he said he had family coming over for dinner but Iím not sure if thatís just a coverup for an out...
    Well, he cancelled but he didn't reschedule. To me that says it all. Don't contact him again and if you're smart, you'll accept completely that the relationship is over and that responding to him will just keep you from moving on from him. If he talks to you at work, keep it professional, calm and completely non committal.

Good luck.

He broke up with you and after the fact arranged a date, then flaked out.

How about you think a little more highly of yourself. Decide you deserve better and deny any further contact from someone who decided to lose you to begin with?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice