LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blocked after amazing first date

Blocked after amazing first date

I had what I thought was a great first date with someone on Sunday, we met at 3pm and ended up having a few drinks, decided to go to dinner and then she came back to mine. She said she had never felt that amount of chemistry with someone before and it was the best first date she'd ever been on. We had been chatting for around two weeks before getting around to arranging this date and she told me she had been seeing someone else after we'd slept together but I assumed it was along the lines of just maybe having been on a few dates as you do with dating apps.

Got this message from her the next day and she blocked me before I could reply:

Hello! Ugh I would like to do this in person. I must say I really enjoyed meeting you yesterday and didn’t think I would like you so much. Like I told you I am seeing another person and waking up this morning I must admit I felt terrible. I am not a ‘more than one guy’ sort of woman and I have been seeing him for a while (albeit not formally exclusively of course). But I feel even with that I need to keep things simple for my own peace of mind. I am so very sorry and this has been very confusing. I hope you don’t think I am a total ****.

Feel gutted to be honest as haven't connected with someone in that way for a really long time.

Platinum Member
    That's disappointing. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do.

My guess is she doesn't want the guy she's been seeing to know she went out with someone else (ie. you) and blocked you as a means of not raising his suspicions, and also not giving you any room to voice your own opinion about her decision.

Bad timing happens.

It is probably best that she blocked you and I am sure she did it so she wouldn't feel worse after your reply.

I have been in your shoes except for the having sex on the first date part and it took a little bit for me to accept that sometimes we meet the right person at the wrong time.

Who knows perhaps one day your paths will cross again...

Lost

Sorry for your loss. This is how it goes, you win some, you lose some. The good news is, at least she reached out and provided an explanation which is lot better than being ghosted. Its clear she didn't want to complicate her life so blocked you to serve her need for simplicity. There is nothing you can do and there is nothing to be gained by giving her another thought, you had one great night, that's all its going to be, time to move on.

As they say it takes 2 and while you great chemistry - her heart was already leaning towards somebody else when you met.
    I'm sorry that you are going thru this - but love is strange. And for us men - we will never understand "female logic" will we?

Time to move on. She's gone. And you can make a relationship with "1".

Bronze Member
    Kudos for her honestly and not ghosting you

Gosh I wish Incould post this on the healing after heartbreak board.

Notice her verbiage: I have been seeing him for a while albeit not exclusively

And then she was on the dating site was she not? What was she there for sh*ts and giggles?

You were a crutch..

It’s such a selfish act. Take solace in the fact that’s he isn’t in a healthy place to be dating to begin with And shame on her. I guess her karma is chasing after this other guy who won’t ckmmit and sends her to get ego boosts from dating sites.

Bummer, but you'll be dusted off in a day.

It was nice that she was honest. Have gotten a few of those texts myself after a hot night—and, yeah, have sent one or two myself.

As figureitout noted, at the end of the day this is not someone in the right state to date. Had she been totally up front—I'm seeing someone, not looking for anything more than fun—that would have been truly honest. You'd have known what you were (literally) getting into. She withheld that, probably because this other thing has her twisted in some kind of knot where she's trying to be a few different people at once.

Not cool. But happens.

And, hey, you had a good night! Savor that, swipe away—there's even greater on the pixilated horizon.

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Gosh I wish Incould post this on the healing after heartbreak board.

Notice her verbiage: I have been seeing him for a while albeit not exclusively

And then she was on the dating site was she not? What was she there for sh*ts and giggles?

You were a crutch..

It’s such a selfish act. Take solace in the fact that’s he isn’t in a healthy place to be dating to begin with And shame on her. I guess her karma is chasing after this other guy who won’t ckmmit and sends her to get ego boosts from dating sites.
    Agree.

I also believe she will be wasting time/energy hoping one day he gives her that "exclusive" title....

Aww yuck. It's vulgar of her to tell you things you want to hear, have sex with you, then give you some bull and block you.
    It's just a hit it and quit it, the rest is noise. Amazing connection?! Naw, you knew her one night. There was attraction. Not worth mourning, as you are mourning something that was never there. This isn't someone who can offer basic respect.

I am sorry you came across someone so 💩y in how they treat others.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice