Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I think I like a man 20+ years older than me

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by emmybuns0610
    I never said I wasnt sober.
    Um.. yes you did

He doesnt say that I'm the reason hes sober, I wouldnt let him put that responsibility on me because I'm not sober.

Originally Posted by abitbroken
    Um.. yes you did
    I'm not stone cold sober. Do I have a beer or cocktail every now and then? Yes but I'm not out of control by any means. I cant remember the last time I drank.

Know this -- your grandpa will find out.
    The 20+ years between you and the pleasure you take in tweaking your grandpa suggest that this budding relationship will peak and then burn out, and as you seem destined to take this journey, my advice is to live in the moment. No future ideation, no goals and dreams.

I haven't read all of the posts, but I am assuming you are 18 or over. If younger, just, No.

Hes not being co dependent.
    No, YOU are the codependent, dear. You have it reversed.

It's your life. Do what you want. But at least get the facts straight and be informed.

Dating someone older than you will not make up for you being misinformed and/or naive.

Originally Posted by IAmFCA
    Know this -- your grandpa will find out.
    The 20+ years between you and the pleasure you take in tweaking your grandpa suggest that this budding relationship will peak and then burn out, and as you seem destined to take this journey, my advice is to live in the moment. No future ideation, no goals and dreams.

I haven't read all of the posts, but I am assuming you are 18 or over. If younger, just, No.
    (Adding what I had tried to include but I posted too soon)

Of course you can live your life as you choose, OP. You are free to date whom you want, and you don't your grandfathers or your boss' permission to do so.

The consequences are yours, too. That is how it works: you make your choice,you bear the consequences.

One or both of you may lose your jobs; your family may express concern, disapproval, judgment, and rejection. They are free to do all of those things while loving you fully.

I don't know why you have the desire to hurt your grandfather in this way. Even if he earned it, it remains self destructive and indulgent and a bad idea.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Give Advice
Ask For Advice