Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme indicisiveness/anxiety is something wrong with me?

Originally Posted by Waves2000
    I am worried about giving my notice because I just started a month ago and we have a busy time of year approaching.
    Sorry but there is no "we" here. This isn't a relationship and your employer isn't your gf. They'll fire you in a heartbeat the moment their business needs change and won't give one thought to how you'll feel about it or that you need to pay your rent. Richey is right that you need to stop worrying so much about others and start putting that energy into getting what you want for yourself when it comes to work and money. This is where you really need to strive to be less personal.

I think you need a break for some time from your job. Go for outing with friends or family to another place where you feel peace. Silent mind helps you in solving the problems. Ask yourself why you are changing the mind continuously choose the best solution and stick to it only even if they some disadvantages. You have to do compromise in life on such things.

Your anxiety stems from your respect for others and the impact of your decision. You have that decency to be considerate to the employers you are dealing with. Good sign. But as everyone said, these are hard decisions and you will be the one most affected so you need to put yourself first. These situations are common and employers are getting used to it as it becomes more prevalent and they are willing to work with the applicants. So, go for the job you reneged where they are happy to have you. Simply explain to the one month employer that this would be better for everyone in the long run because sooner or later you might leave them anyway. Like someone said here, they can still get in touch with the other candidates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice