LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Am I going mad ? Please help

Originally Posted by Abimor123
    I like him and itís hard to know Iím only ever going to be a friend to him. I guess Iím just deluding myself thinking because he cuddled me in bed I mean more to him than just a pal
    Ask him if he cuddles his male friends in his bed.

By you sleeping in his bed and him cuddling you, you've both blurred the lines of a platonic relationship. No wonder you're confused.

He told me once a while ago his pal stayed over at his after having tea and she wanted to share his bed and he said no she could sleep on the sofa he said he doesnít share his bed with just anyone especially friends who are girls.

He told me once a while ago his pal stayed over at his after having tea and she wanted to share his bed and he said no she could sleep on the sofa he said he doesnít share his bed with just anyone especially friends who are girls.
    Then you have to be the strong one here and tell him that if he's only your friend then you'll sleep on the couch. Stop playing "what the heck are we" and either be a platonic friend or a girlfriend. Him being so ambiguous and crossing platonic relationship boundaries is going to drive you nuts.

Figure out what YOU want then ask him if he wants the same thing and if he doesn't then stop all this platonic relationship boundary crossing and keep it real. If you want more than friendship and he doesn't then going zero contact is the way to go until you get your head about you.

Thank you I really appreciate your advice x

this is NOT a relationship no. There is no intimacy and no signs that intimacy will happen.
    he was upfront that he didn't see you as more than a friend - believe him.
    i would caution wanting more as he seems like a guy who will always have many women around him and keeps them around - especially when it comes to the ones he's been intimate with.

that doesn't mean he's a bad person. but it clearly sounds like you are not the type of person who can handle that and thus this would be hard on your emotions to try.

find somebody who is more compatible and won't worry you as much and confuse you as much.

Good luck.

I like him and itís hard to know Iím only ever going to be a friend to him. I guess Iím just deluding myself thinking because he cuddled me in bed I mean more to him than just a pal
    If you continue his friends while you have feelings for him it's going to hurt a lot when he talks to you about someone or gets a girlfriend. And if you get upset or sad he'll say "but aren't we friends? Why are you so upset?" . Not wanting to be negative but just trying to warn about the consequences of being friends with someone we have feelings for.

Abimor, he's clearly told you that he is only interested in friendship. If you find yourself unable to stop reading romance into his every action, then you should stop hanging out with him. You're just torturing yourself.

Originally Posted by DancingFool
    Also, beware of anyone who will blame and badmouth their ex's. Invariably, you'll find out the hard way why their ex's went crazy. Hint: it's him. He is the common denominator. In fact, you are already starting to experience the crazy making as we speak.
    Indeed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice