Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing It

We talking about this guy?

[Register to see the link]

Bronze Member
    Good advice thanks.

Bronze Member
    Yes it is the guy - a complete waste of space and my time. I have the answers I need thank you.

Platinum Member
    Ah, I remember that last post of yours from December.

Unfortunately, I think he showed you his lack of interest or flakiness from the very beginning.

And it sounds like when you messaged him back in December, you were hoping he’d ask you to stick around.

Sorry this happened, shineyboot. But next time a guy isn’t giving you what you need, don’t wait around hoping that they’ll change.

It can be difficult out there in the dating world, and sometimes I think we can overlook incompatibility when we’re yearning for a relationship. We hope that maybe someone will eventually change for the better because we shared a few great experiences with them. But by doing this we set ourselves up for disappointment. I know it can be easy to lose objective when you’re the one directly involved in the situation, but after reading your post from December, it seemed pretty clear that you two weren’t a match and were looking for different things.

This guy couldn’t give you what you needed/wanted from the get-go. Don’t be afraid to walk away, SB.

No point waiting around and hoping they’ll change; it’s a waste of your time.

It’s all in the past now, so time to let it go and move on.

My question would be why did you loose it on this guy? Clearly you wanted some sort of explanation from him and when you didn't get it you got mad and lashed out.

Think about why you were so hurt that you felt you had to lay into him with multiple texts when he didn't respond to the first one.

Lost

Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    My question would be why did you loose it on this guy? Clearly you wanted some sort of explanation from him and when you didn't get it you got mad and lashed out.

Think about why you were so hurt that you felt you had to lay into him with multiple texts when he didn't respond to the first one.

Lost
    I was wondering this as well... you called him pathetic and a waste of space which seems a bit harsh for someone you only went out with a few times.

Bronze Member
    I am a very emotional person lost and hurt. Sometimes my emotions get the better of me.

Bronze Member
    He got under my skin and I have asked the same of myself. I had high hopes for him I think that was why it was disappointing. I had 'admired him from afar' for many many months, I imagined all these things that he didn't turn out to be... major disappointment. We had a great time together as work friends (I don't work with him btw only at events which I choose to attend or not) and I got a bit wrapped up in thinking he was more than he was. He WAS great company but rubbish relationship material.

Bronze Member
    and yes I do tend to have very strong reactions to some of dating experiences. I went on a date in January and I couldn't care less if he called me or not (and he did) yet when 'this guy' (the flakey one) didn't get in touch I'd be depressed. I was so emotionally invested in it all.

I don't think the word pathetic is too strong to describe him: one word texts, lateness etc. but I understand being flakey is not a crime and he is still a human being with some nice qualities.

Bronze Member
    I struggle not to overreact and wish I didn't.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice