Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Losing It

Bronze Member

Losing It

I had a dating experience recently it was fun but became clear that he wasn't really that invested. Long story in short I decided not to continue seeing him. At first I just explained how it was making me feel e.g. not very important by getting one word texts etc.

He didn't respond and wouldn't talk to me about it. I got upset and sent a few too many texts, a bit strong in nature, not rude just how I felt about things etc. I regret them as I lost it. I would have preferred to have kept my cool, but on the other hand I'm human!

The guy concerned has blocked me on all social media and it has now been two months with no communication. In a few weeks I will have to see him at an event and it is making me slightly uncomfortable.

Would you say sorry and explain that you were emotional, bearing in mind I am blocked, not sure that is an option anyway but could dig up his phone number if I tried. Or would you just leave it and behave like nothing happened as he will do?

Leave it. Anything you do from this point forward will be viewed through the lens of your being an overly invested and excessively emotional person. You lost your cool, and like you said, it is part of being human. He isn't owed an explanation and it would not benefit you to give one. I know the feelings are uncomfortable but focus on what would be effective for you to do moving forward and work on getting over this guy.

Bronze Member
    Great advice. The only reason was because I have to work with him at this event potentially otherwise I wouldn't even have thought about it.

Originally Posted by shineyboot
    Great advice. The only reason was because I have to work with him at this event potentially otherwise I wouldn't even have thought about it.
    Given the fact that he blocked you and didn't want to talk about it in the first place, trying to talk to him yet again will only make you look like a stage 5 clinger. Best that you act in a professional manner and behave as though you have already let it go and moved on.

Bronze Member
    I don't care how I look to him but I can see it is best to not reach out.

Bronze Member
    Thanks, confirmed my thoughts there is no way I will be apologising, it was a bit rude but I don't really care these views needed to be aired.

Would you say sorry and explain that you were emotional, bearing in mind I am blocked, not sure that is an option anyway but could dig up his phone number if I tried. Or would you just leave it and behave like nothing happened as he will do?
    Nah.

I think you meant what you said, even if you regret saying it now. Why apologize?

Too bad he couldn't handle the truth.

Don't let that make you feel bad or question yourself.

He blocked you, so that means he doesn't want more communication. Also I don't think it's of any advantage talking to him to apologize at the event. I'd go to the event, act cordial and cool if you have to interact and don't mention anything nor make any more drama. Simply greet him if you have to and that's it. Also, he's probably not losing sleep over it, and neither should you. I know it might be a bit uncomfortable seeing him after what happened, but I think everything will go fine.

We live and learn. Next time don't get over emotional and over reactive if a guy is not showing you the interest you want. Simply leave it at that and step away (I'm writing this assuming this were just a couple dates)

This. Go to the event and enjoy yourself . Be polite and friendly to everyone. Avoid him but do not snub or be emotional.
    leave it and behave like nothing happened

Platinum Member
    I would just ignore him and go on about your business.

Iím sure this guy didnít just fall off a cabbage truck, so I have no doubt that he knew that what he did was rude/ignorant.

Itís too bad you lost your cool, but like you said, youíre human. Wouldnít be surprised if the guy had it coming anyway.

Next time, donít let your emotions get the best of you.

And donít let this guy make you feel as if your feelings arenít valid because he blocked you.

You called him out and he didnít like it.

In future, just donít waste your breath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice