Should I do something or try and forget about her?

WhatDoUThink

Hi, this is my first post after signing up, I hope someone could help me with a problem that I have.

So there is this girl that used to go to the same school as me. I can't lie, I did like her somewhat, I don't know whether she liked me though.

I haven't talked with her face to face for probably a year if not longer. But still sometimes we talk on social media from time to time, not often and it's only like a sentence or an emoji at most.

The issue that I have is that I just can't stop thinking about her for a few weeks after I see her share a picture/selfie, or even worse = most recently I've seen her walking home while I was driving to meet up with friends.

This feeling I get comes and goes, and I can't focus at all when I get it, all I end up doing is thinking about her.

I think this could be linked to me feeling guilty about not taking any action to possibly get with her when I felt like she was giving me the signs that she liked me. At school I wasn't looking to get into a relationship with any one to be honest. Oh and I've known her for a ridiculously long time. Like for example: if we ended up siting next to each other in a lesson or we were hanging out with our friends and if a few of them left and it was us two or maybe like one other person, sometimes she would start talking about random key events that we both took part in at school, and then she would follow with a random sentence like this: "I stay up late at night crying and thinking about you" or "Why don't you ever talk to me? I try so hard."

Another time (few years ago), it was coming up prom time and everyone was asking girls out to go prom with them. I was going to ask her, but first I asked my friends if it were a good idea, a kid from my year overheard me ask them this and he said to me that he'll go and ask her for me. I said that I'll do it myself and that he should forget about it. At lunch I'm hanging with my friends and I see her walking straight at me making eye contact, I think to my self "this is probably not good" so I sort of attempt to hide behind my friends. When she walks up to me what she said was something like: "Hey My Name, thanks for asking me to go prom with you. Unfortunately I'm not going, I'm honored you asked." Something along those lines. After that I froze up and she left.

To be honest I already feel much better writing this, but I don't think that it's gone for long.

I bet most people on here have much more experience in this area of life than me and would be able to provide some 3rd person outlook on this, I would very much appreciate if you could help me deal with these annoying moments that I have. How do I stop this intense feeling from coming back?

All you can do is start talking to other girls since she already turned you down for a prom date. Never ask someone to ask a girl out for you. Lame and timid. You need to chat and be friendly with girls and ask them out yourself when the opportunity presents itself.

Yes you made it clear that you didn’t ask someone to ask her to the prom for you. That guy messed it up for you. Have you tried to explain it to her? Most probably that is what offended her. Now, in the early part of your story, you seem to be just carrying on a one sided relationship, building up your desire for her without any real input. On the other half you cited evidence that she was waiting for you. So, consider making it real. That is, if she is still available, go and ask her out, build a relationship and discover the real her instead of just making up your own image of her.

Archived