Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance Boyfriend Gone With Almost No Warning

I'm sorry, Claire, but I have to agree with the others. We're really not trying to make you feel bad. It may be hard for you to see this clearly because you are in the middle of this, but we can see the red flags everywhere.

I agree with the person who said that it shouldn't be that easy to just drop off the face of the earth. Let's say something happened to you, god forbid. And then your BF is out looking for you. He would ask your co-workers, your parents, your friends. They wouldn't just say "well that's weird she's just gone." They would conduct searches, contact the police, use social media to spread the word, etc. It would be easy for him to find you or at least more information leading up to you.

Sorry.

Platinum Member
    Don't you want to date someone who you can have some physical interaction with?

This dude sounds like he has a gf. His story is nonsense.
    Last edited by Hollyj; 02-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by RedDress
    Ok - Iím totally jumping to conclusions - but the conclusion I jump to is that he has a girlfriend.

When your accounts get hacked, you donít delete them all, you change your password. Hackers are not interested in calling your friends and family (lol!). Crazed girlfriends are... Itís also totally weird (and convenient?) that you donít talk to him much on Fridays and Saturdays? These are typical date nights. And his reason is that he is sleeping? For 24 hours? And doing groceries?

I know Iím kind of making up stories - but it would make more sense to me if that night you were texting him a bunch, his girlfriend figured it out, so he texted you something unintelligible to make you stop and go away. And now heís changing/closing his accounts because sheís losing her mind.

It takes longer to call a phone provider to change your phone number than it does to setup a new online account... just saying...

Long distance stuff is hard. Especially if youíve never met them in person. Iím sorry to say... but I donít think you know this guy as well as you think you know him.

... I know all the above are guesses - and you can ignore it if you want... but IMO, my story makes much more sense than the story heís feeding you. What heís saying doesnít make sense. If he wanted to be in touch, heíd find a way...
    This makes total sense!

Platinum Member
    Yes - did you give him your financial info to send you money? Please check your accounts.

Platinum Member
    In July you wrote that he was pulling away:
    [Register to see the link]

So this isn't new. He's been like this for a while.

What are you getting out of this? You have never seen him in person, never held his hand or received a hug from him or even sat next to him. Don't you want any of that?

Platinum Member
    I'm confused. I this thread he is out all of the time, in the other he is a recluse?

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I'm confused. I this thread he is out all of the time, in the other he is a recluse?
    I don't think she's the author of the thread about dating a recluse for manslaughter. This guy sent her money,.it doesn't seem to be a recluse.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Annia
    I don't think she's the author of the thread about dating a recluse for manslaughter. This guy sent her money,.it doesn't seem to be a recluse.
    This is a quote form another one of her threads in July. Sounds like the same guy:

"TLDR; Became super close friends with a guy that lives in another state. We became inseparable, we were extremely similar in a lot of ways. We both started to develop crushes on each other. Shortly after, we stopped talking as much, he mentioned going through a pretty bad depression. I havenít really spoken to him consistently in about two months and my feelings are still going strong because I want him in my life, but his depression has caused him to become a recluse and only keep to himself and his immediate family.
    Iím not sure what to do, how to help, if I should help, or if I should distance myself from the situation to preserve my own feelings."

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    This is a quote form another one of her threads in July. Sounds like the same guy:

"TLDR; Became super close friends with a guy that lives in another state. We became inseparable, we were extremely similar in a lot of ways. We both started to develop crushes on each other. Shortly after, we stopped talking as much, he mentioned going through a pretty bad depression. I havenít really spoken to him consistently in about two months and my feelings are still going strong because I want him in my life, but his depression has caused him to become a recluse and only keep to himself and his immediate family.
    Iím not sure what to do, how to help, if I should help, or if I should distance myself from the situation to preserve my own feelings."
    Oh, I see, I thought you were saying he was a recluse like an inmate in a prison haha
    But yes, if it's the same guy it sounds even more fishy.

Originally Posted by RedDress
    Ok - Iím totally jumping to conclusions - but the conclusion I jump to is that he has a girlfriend.

When your accounts get hacked, you donít delete them all, you change your password. Hackers are not interested in calling your friends and family (lol!). Crazed girlfriends are... Itís also totally weird (and convenient?) that you donít talk to him much on Fridays and Saturdays? These are typical date nights. And his reason is that he is sleeping? For 24 hours? And doing groceries?

I know Iím kind of making up stories - but it would make more sense to me if that night you were texting him a bunch, his girlfriend figured it out, so he texted you something unintelligible to make you stop and go away. And now heís changing/closing his accounts because sheís losing her mind.
    I was thinking the same exact thing. But I was thinking that he's married.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice