Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Long Distance Boyfriend Gone With Almost No Warning

Long Distance Boyfriend Gone With Almost No Warning

Hey guys.

Iím in a long distance relationship with someone Iíve known roughly two years, but just recently started actually getting to know better. We fit together really well, thereís no arguing, never any reason to worry.

We mostly communicate through an app and occasionally via text message, and we have a routine since his work schedule is extremely demanding and almost the complete opposite hours as mine. Usually I can count on getting a message from him between 9pm-2am once heís woken up and we chat for a bit until I fall asleep.

The other night I didnít hear from him and due to the recent weather I did get a little concerned and attempted to contact him several times to no avail and finally at around 4am a random message (unintelligible) popped up from him and then nothing else. Finally about an hour or so later he called my phone number and mentioned his account had been hacked and heís gotten an email about it, but he was okay and that he was gonna delete his account and make a new one.
    Everything was okay and I went back to bed and a few hours later he sent a long message saying that he wasnít sure what was going on but a few of his family members had received phone calls from him but it wasnít him and heís just going to delete every account he has and change his number to try to sort this out before anything spreads further. That was the last I heard from him and that was going on three days ago.

Iím trying not to worry and trying to be patient because heís never been one to use social media very often so I know heís in no rush to create new accounts, but his phone is definitely deactivated and I have no way of contacting him.

A part of me is worried that maybe something major did happen and that he really is trying to sort these things out with the little time he has off, but the other part of me is wondering if maybe he just ghosted me. Nothing was wrong and heís a very straight forward person. He isnít the type to beat around the bush when it comes to telling people what he thinks.

If he had a problem with me or anything Iíve done, he would just tell me and nothing at all has hinted at him feeling any different towards me. If anything, heís shown that he cares about me more in the past few weeks than ever.

Iím starting to feel angry because 3 days, no contact. But it only takes two seconds to change your phone number. Or if not that, two seconds to pick up a phone somewhere just to let me know heís okay.

I donít really know what to think.

I donít have a Facebook and the last resort I have is to ask a mutual friend if his account is still there or not because he said he was going to delete that as well. But I feel like maybe thatís going too far?

Have you ever met in person? Have you recently been talking about meeting up? His story sounds fishy. He can't even correct anything if he had no one else's phone to use.

We had been talking about meeting up pretty soon. Just throwing ideas out there, but nothing set in stone.

Have you ever met in person? It sounds like he was scamming or catfishing and certainly not who he claimed to be.

Talking about meeting made him come up with this outlandish story and disappear. If you are worried get some tech savvy friends to help you look stuff up.
    Originally Posted by ClaireDarling
    We had been talking about meeting up pretty soon. Just throwing ideas out there, but nothing set in stone.

I am so sorry. He just cut contact with you.

Nobody received bogus phone calls.

When the concept of meeting up became a potential reality, he had to end it.

Heís definitely who he says he is. Weíve video chatted a few times, Snapchat, etc. So heís not a fake person. I did find his Facebook but he hasnít been on in a while.
    He also has helped me financially and always seems to be concerned/helpful/stern if Iím not taking care of myself sometimes.

He just doesnít seem like the type. But I guess you never know.. Heís just far more straight forward and practical than most people I know.

That's the problem with purely cyber-relationships. They can disappear into the ether in one click. Why was he "sending money and being stern"? Do you live with your parents? Do they take care of you? Are you allowed to date real-life boys? Why are you involved in this?

He sent you money without knowing you in person? Also, how far away does he live that in 2 years of knowing each other and then deciding to have a relationship without ever having met, there was never the time or opportunity to meet in person? Why was that never possible?

Iím an adult. But Iíve come into hard times recently and we met two years ago and lost contact and started talking again a few months ago. He remembered the fact that I was finishing college and also working and paying all my bills on my own on minimum wage so he offered to help without me asking.
    He was just being nice given the info he knew about me before.

Why have you two never met afterwards? How far away does he live? Do you have enough information about him to consider him a boyfriend/relationship?

I find this whole "hacking" story fishy. It seems more like a way of cutting contact without creating drama. He probably has his "in person" life there and maybe is meeting people and didn't want to get attached to a cyber long distance relationship. But I don't know, I don't want to speculate, but it seems fishy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice