Met this waiter but missed opportunity

JDMxTeGrA101

I had lunch with my co-workers last week and there was this beautiful waiter who usually serves them and it was my first time meeting her. She was really outgoing, nice, and totally my type. I noticed she was very talkative towards me and kept passing by with a smile. She introduced herself to me and everything and we spoke for a bit. One of my co-workers goes there daily. On Monday, she told him that she found me very attractive. My co-worker told me that she liked me. We go there on Tuesday and she was there but very busy due to a lot of people eating there so I couldn't really talk to her but we did greet each other and she had a real big smile when she saw me.

I didn't make it to lunch with my co-workers on Wednesday due to my workload. Sad news is that that was her last day according due my co-worker when he had told me the next day. I really wanted to get her number and pretty bummed I didn't ask her out the day I met her. However I did look up her name and found her on Facebook. Would it be creepy to send her a message on facebook knowing that I had not known her last name? Its crazy how when I typed her name she was the first one to show up. She was totally my type also. Should I just let this one go or make a move on Facebook?

Please don’t contact her. She was being professional at her job and you don’t know much about her. She will most likely not respond to a Facebook message as it’s an invasion of her privacy that you found her on there.

Find other woman you can get to know that you don’t meet on their job.

Agree with limichelle, don't go there - it's creepy. She's doing her job. Getting hit on at work is probably a just pain in the butt for her.

-totally my type.

-she was there but very busy due to a lot of people eating there

-I really wanted to get her number

-I did look up her name and found her on Facebook.

-She was totally my type also.

Please don’t contact her. She was being professional at her job and you don’t know much about her. She will most likely not respond to a Facebook message as it’s an invasion of her privacy that you found her on there.

Find other woman you can get to know that you don’t meet on their job.

Damn I’ve literally fallen for her. My heart dropped when my co-worker had mentioned that she found me very attractive and liked me which is why I considered this a missed opportunity for me.

So you’re saying just count this as a loss and move on?

Consider that she never told you she liked you and she never attempted to get any contact info for you and she never asked for your number and she never looked you up on fb a to send a message and she never asked your coworker for your contact info and she never told your coworker she was single or interested in dating you..

Your coworker is egging you on for fun and to make a fool out of you. You got the hots and she obviously didn't. It's that simple.

Damn I’ve literally fallen for her.
Consider that she never told you she liked you and she never attempted to get any contact info for you and she never asked for your number and she never looked you up on fb a to send a message and she never asked your coworker for your contact info and she never told your coworker she was single or interested in dating you..

Your coworker is egging you on for fun and to make a fool out of you. You got the hots and she obviously didn't. It's that simple.

I agree. If there was nothing concrete besides the hearsay of the co-worker, I wouldn't put my money on it nor stalk her facebook. Had the co-worker told you "and she asked me to give you her number, here it is" would have been different. And I doubt a waitress at her job would tell a random guy that has lunch there with co-workers that she finds another guy attractive. It just doesn't add up. I think you're overexagerating the situation or acting as if you lost your soulmate. You don't know her, she's just an attractive and nice waitress you know nothing about.

Actually, there is quite an increase in the number of people meeting someone for a dating relationship through social media while dating apps have hit a plateau and may be on the decline. It certainly isn't a privacy issue as many people post daily about such important things as what they had for lunch to their wide numbers of friends and followers, 99% of whom they probably barely know.

That said, you have nothing to lose. Have you double checked that your coworkers are telling the truth that she no longer works there? It would be lame if she still worked there and you could talk to her in person, but if she isn't then try a message. Hopefully you have enough skills to compose a brief message that doesn't include something psychotic like "You served me well, babycakes, and now I want to serve you some love."

Don't get your head too high in the clouds, though. She is in a profession that involves being extra kind so that may have been all it was. She may never respond or add you as a friend and that is all you'll hear. Then you move on if that happens. And to still keep you grounded, the fact that she came up first in your search is a testament to Fb's algorithms and not a sign of destiny.

Ok guys she’s been on my mind constantly and I feel like I need to let this put by pming her. For some reason she’s the only one I’m interested in even though there are other women out there. I’m still trying not to Pm her as I see it creepy.

My other friends suggested to Pm her and I asked my friends gf’s and they said they would feel flattered if a guy who they thought was cute/attractive pm’d Them on social media and don’t find it creepy at all..

Ok guys she’s been on my mind constantly and I feel like I need to let this put by pming her. For some reason she’s the only one I’m interested in even though there are other women out there. I’m still trying not to Pm her as I see it creepy.

My other friends suggested to Pm her and I asked my friends gf’s and they said they would feel flattered if a guy who they thought was cute/attractive pm’d Them on social media and don’t find it creepy at all..

Creepy or not, you can send her a message(only one though) on social media. You might get rejected but it will also relieve you from the burden of thinking her all day.

Archived