Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Tickets to the crazy train

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980

Anyway, FIO has clarified and I get it. I understand and it makes sense!!

FIO, you did not trust his motives and did the right thing at the time.
    ^Quoting again for emphasis.

Good luck FIO, I trust this will all blow over in time, things like this usually do.

Hope you're feeling better today! :)

Platinum Member
    Oh thanks! I was responding to this because the perspective you offered seemed to imply that one should let in a friend who is knocking on your door at any hour of the night in the name of friendship. I disagree with your perspective and of course know that is a perspective that others have and knew that full well before I gave my opinion -obviously there are people who are ok with letting friends into their homes at all hours with no notice and that's fine for them!. And I know you see why FIO did not. So I wanted to clarify that from my perspective being a good, caring friend doesn't require letting that person in your home in the situation you described. It certainly may require taking some other type of action. I also don't think a good friend should knock on my door in the middle of the night unless it's a life and death emergency or we have a prior understanding that that is ok. I would find that selfish especially given how scary it is to be woken up and startled by the sound - I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep and of course in my case now it would wake up my husband and child.

"I'm not disagreeing with you Bat, was just offering a different perspective without being there or knowing their full history.

If I had a good friend who seemed panicked knocking on my door, at whatever time, I would let her in. And have.

And she appreciated it -- she had just had a huge fight with her bf who had just hit her (while at a club), and she wasn't in her right frame of mind to text or behave rationally. I lived close to the club so she ran over."

Platinum Member
    I knew what you meant Bat.

It wasn't necessary because I agree, my choice to let my friend in that night, does not make me a better friend than someone who wouldn't under different circumstances, I never said it did.

I'm sorry you perceived it that way..

I think we should let this go, what I would do, or what you or anyone would do is irrelevant.

FIO did what was right for her in that moment, which was best for her, which I fully support 100%!

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    I knew what you meant Bat.

It wasn't necessary because I agree, my choice to let my friend in that night, does not make me a better friend than someone who wouldn't under different circumstances, I never said it did.

I think we should let this go, what I would do, or what you or anyone would do is irrelevant.

FIO did what was right for her in that moment, which was best for her, which I fully support 100%!

Yes, same! I took it to mean from what you wrote then and in your previous posts- thanks for clarifying!

So mini update.

I didnt go out to any super bowl parties this year, but friends did, so today at work I asked a mutual friend how the weekend was did anything cray happen, I heard lots of funny stories but nothing about him, which again, I didnt expect him to spread what he did, but it solidified that he wasnt in any trouble.

So earlier this evening Im on facebook messenger chatting with some friends and I decide to click his profile, see if they're are any updates about anything ( yeah Im giving him a ridiculous benefit of doubt here)

I'm blocked...

I'd be a big fat liar if I said I wasn't bothered by this, years worth of friendship, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING! And I'M blocked?!?

Its so childish and petty and manipulative and did I say childish? And cruel and self centered and...hurtful...

Were all supposed to go bowling later this month, wonder how that'll go down.

I .was. sleep.

How is all this drama happening?

Ugh...

Sorry guys Im just venting, like I said I'm not going to drag any of our friends into this, like Kat a few are convinced were secretly in love, some wonder why I ever started talking to him again and some dont care to be involved in drama, so this is kinda the only place I have to word vomit.

Expect me to be doing that as I work through the emotions of this BULLS&^#%...

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    * eye roll * the guy is acting like he is 12 1/2. I am sorry you are hurting.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    * eye roll * the guy is acting like he is 12 1/2. I am sorry you are hurting.
    LOL, you're giving him too much credit. 12 1/2 is puberty. He's acting like a petulant 5 year-old.

You go bowling, you enjoy yourself, and you be the big person you know you are. Kindness, cordial, and bowl like a maniac and have tons of fun.

You are too good for this.

Hah, thanks, I totally plan to!

Originally Posted by figureitout23
    Its so childish and petty and manipulative and did I say childish? And cruel and self centered and...hurtful...
    The word "entitled" also comes to mind.

I guess he owns you.

Platinum Member
    What an idiot. He's not worthy of you and I'm sorry you're feeling this way -I hope you feel better.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice