Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Odd ex behavior, why?

Bronze Member

Odd ex behavior, why?

So a year and a half ago I had a 3 or 4 month long summer fling with a girl, started out hot and heavy but turned out she came from a very religious family and it was a no-go with them, I was basically a secret from her family and at my age that doesn't fly, we faded apart and didn't talk for about a year when I ran into her back last summer. We got to talking and then she started texting me, nothing crazy but it got to the point where it might go somewhere. I wasn't dating and frankly had nothing better to do, but she'd never show if I invited her over so I'd stop texting her, figuring getting back in touch was a mistake and just to move on. This period really made it obvious why ex's should stay ex's.

But a week or month would go by and she'd start texting again, saying things like she wished I was with her, or another time when flying back called me from the airport, then the airport the plane had a stop over at - weird stuff.

She'd send me pictures from her family trips etc, then she did come over and we had sex. Texting was still on and off until it was just off and I simply moved on and dated someone else.

Now, I have just found out that she had a boyfriend this entire time since running into her. The pics of her "family" trips she had sent were from a trip with him

I guess I am just wondering why? Who does that?

Sorry thus happened. How did you find this out? Sounds like she's cheating.
    Originally Posted by ManyDates
    I have just found out that she had a boyfriend this entire time since running into her. The pics of her "family" trips she had sent were from a trip with him

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sorry thus happened. How did you find this out? Sounds like she's cheating.
    Uhh yeah.

I think she likes to swing from one vine to another, if you know what I mean

4. 02-01-2019, 03:04 PM

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by Alicequeen
    She is Definitely cheating on u guy move on and never get back to her.i think she wants to be with u but for sexual things I guess
    I wasn't the one with her, but the lying and deceit just makes my head spin - we weren't a match when I was with her, but she seemed honest and well put together - kinda shocked at finding this out. Turns out she's just a scum bag.

Platinum Member
    People who do this sort of thing are among the most selfish you will ever meet.

She comes to you when her boyfriend is busy and not giving her the attention she wants, or they fight, or some other lame reason. She wants to keep you just warm enough in case they break up and she needs a landing pad. I would not be surprised if the religious family was a cover story she used to keep you in the shadows without raising too much suspicion.

How did you find out she's had a boyfriend all along, out of curiosity?

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by MissCanuck
    People who do this sort of thing are among the most selfish you will ever meet.

She comes to you when her boyfriend is busy and not giving her the attention she wants, or they fight, or some other lame reason. She wants to keep you just warm enough in case they break up and she needs a landing pad. I would not be surprised if the religious family was a cover story she used to keep you in the shadows without raising too much suspicion.

How did you find out she's had a boyfriend all along, out of curiosity?
    I was going through my instagram to see if my most recent ex is still following me, I have erased her everywhere else but for some odd reason, she's still following me on there. Anyways, so is this one, the ex before. Zero posts but I went through her follow list and there was me, a bunch of family and the other guy. Other guys account was open and had all the pics of them. Starting one month after we called it quits, so I am pretty sure she cheated on me with him after things started going sour between us.

The religious stuff is verified

And BTW - the boyfriend was only after I ran into her after a year being broke up. When together she was over here daily and was frankly very needy and clingy. Here straight from work until very late, and then would call me when she drove home. It was a bit much, that and the religious stuff is why we broke up.

Being "religious" does not automatically mean the person is good. It means that they identify with a set of beliefs that they may or may not follow. My guess is, this girl doesn't have a strong set of values regarding integrity and honesty. Sorry you had to find out the hard way that she doesn't care about staying faithful. She is the only person who could tell you why she cheats, and I wouldn't recommend asking. Don't lose too much sleep over it if you can help it.

Who does that? What does it matter. Move on.

(but the answer is: extremely narcissistic people who constantly need to be adored and feel desired.. who live in fantasy land and enjoy the "new love "fantasy stuff and don't care for the "relationship grind". Typically these people are quite insecure and thus need all this attention and fantasy to feel like something)...

Bronze Member
    Originally Posted by thisisrichey
    Who does that? What does it matter. Move on.

(but the answer is: extremely narcissistic people who constantly need to be adored and feel desired.. who live in fantasy land and enjoy the "new love "fantasy stuff and don't care for the "relationship grind". Typically these people are quite insecure and thus need all this attention and fantasy to feel like something)...
    I genuinely wanted peoples opinions, because I just find it mind boggling. Even when she was here she was gabbing things from the kitchen or bathroom and asking if they were my girlfriends "why are there two soap dispensers?" Uhh because that one is empty.

"What is this, perfume?" Uhh no, its scent for the little humidifier.

All the while she ACTUALLY DID have a boyfriend.

Just wow.

see 'but the answer is" above...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice