LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook profile showing up blank

Facebook profile showing up blank

This is a new one for me; any guesses what it means if someone's Facebook page comes up, but no pictures, no profile pic, no bio, but that stuff used to be there? If it was deleted, or I was blocked, wouldn't the name/page not even come up? I'm certainly not his FB friend anymore. Could it have anything to do with someone being on Bumble but maybe wanting to start over/recreate a new Bumble user acct? I may be reaching with that last one?

I met a guy on Bumble a little over a month ago, and he seemed really nice. At first I thought he was a little overbearing, but we hit it off and I fell for it. He was so sweet to me and reassuring. We talked about it moving kind of fast as far as enjoying being together, but he seemed to say exactly what I was feeling, and I thought it was good. We saw each other for the better part of the weekend, and Wed. nights, and I held off with sex initially but then caved and we had a lot 😬 He was always texting me and in contact saying sweet things. Just yesterday he said it was a good thing and healthy. The only problem; on Wed night things felt different/shifted. I can't put my finger on it but suddenly I felt like we lost the connection. I went home feeling sad in the morning (but I think I hid it ok?).

I may have texted too many jokey/nothings on Thurs. But nothing too crazy. Just wanted to make him laugh. But as of Thurs. night, he hasn't even read my last text. Maybe deleted my whole thread, I don't know. Normally, he texts on his breaks and in the am like clockwork. Normally he at leasts reads my texts? And his Facebook is gone.

I know it hasn't been a long time for me to feel upset, but at this point I don't think I'll hear from him again? I'm leaving it alone and not texting him or anything; just trying to see what happens. But it's weird, right? He's 43, seems to have his stuff together, and I'm 39. I've never been "played" if that's what this is, most guys have been honest enough with me if they didn't want a relationship? This is hard for me. Why give me a sweatshirt, cook for me, talk about celebrating Valentine's Day, we have Superbowl plans, all seemed aboveboard? If he lost his phone or it got stolen, someone wouldn't delete his Facebook stuff, right? If it's over, I really don't know how to get back on the horse and try to date again. This really hurt :(

He went completely private with fb. And he has ghosted you. That is all you know, and all you need to know.

Who knows why. What you do know is that you don't want someone who would treat you this way. Better now than later.

I am so sorry.

Were you ever his FB friend? If you were up until the point you noticed you weren't and his details aren't visible, it'd seem pretty obvious he unfortunately nixed you without saying a word. If you weren't his friend, it could be as simply as him having adjusted his privacy settings.

What kind of jokes were you sending him? How many? Was he replying or did you just keep sending him messages?

In any case, I'm not sure what neck of the woods you're in, but I'm guessing the US if you've got Super Bowl plans. Here on the east coast, it's barely into Friday afternoon. Unless you were indeed unfriended and blocked, pretty much none of this...

I know it hasn't been a long time for me to feel upset, but at this point I don't think I'll hear from him again? I'm leaving it alone and not texting him or anything; just trying to see what happens. But it's weird, right? He's 43, seems to have his stuff together, and I'm 39. I've never been "played" if that's what this is, most guys have been honest enough with me if they didn't want a relationship? This is hard for me. Why give me a sweatshirt, cook for me, talk about celebrating Valentine's Day, we have Superbowl plans, all seemed aboveboard? If he lost his phone or it got stolen, someone wouldn't delete his Facebook stuff, right? If it's over, I really don't know how to get back on the horse and try to date again. This really hurt :(
    ... should be running through your head simply for having gone 12 or however few hours without texting a text.

IF you were removed and blocked, I'd put $100 on him having a girlfriend and abruptly covering his tracks. Or you came off in a way that rightly or not worried him. No idea, but it'd be best to move on as a result.

Its hard to say really but if this is a concern with you you should really hold off on sharing that part of you until you're ready.

You essentially allowed him to hunt for sex with you and he did and he succeeded.

Sweet word and empty promises should not make thy panties drop.

Raise your boundaries, you'll notice a huge change in your dating experiences.

J. Man makes a great point. Time to check yourself, why you let yourself make him your central focus.

Put this in your rear view. Good luck looking forward.

I was his FB friend. So then I was removed and blocked. He was responding to the jokes last night. I was at his house several times and didn't see any evidence of a girlfriend/wife, but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Yes, hold off on intimacy, I know. I did for a little bit, what I thought was a reasonable amount of time and assurances that it wasn't about sex for him. How do you even tell anymore. I'm so blindsided.

Platinum Member
    It wasn't necessarily "about sex for him", but for whatever reason he hasn't contacted you today.

That is the issue when texting expectations are level set at the beginning; you expect daily contact, multiple times per day, and when he doesn't you see it as a sign that he's not into you anymore and he was "about sex".

What if maybe something came up and he isn't near his phone?

One of my friends messaged me at 8 this morning. I haven't answered him yet. I messaged another friend last night. She got back to me about an hour ago. They weren't done being my friends, they just had life happening.

Why jump to disastrous conclusions so quickly? And no, not "but he ALWAYS texts me all day long!"

Originally Posted by j.man

IF you were removed and blocked, I'd put $100 on him having a girlfriend and abruptly covering his tracks. Or you came off in a way that rightly or not worried him. No idea, but it'd be best to move on as a result.
    ^^ I agree with this.
    The first thing that came to mind is, he reconciled with his girlfriend.

Boltnrun, he unfriended me and never read my last text (deleted my correspondence?) That's why I'm pretty sure it's over, even though he hasn't been MIA for very long. Without that, I'd still be hoping things were alright and he'd be going with me to the Superbowl party this weekend.

Sorry to hear this. It doesn't sound like anything you did or didn't do. He may have gone back to an on/off gf. Did you know much about his dating history?. Abrupt 180s like this are often outside factors.
    Originally Posted by dundermiflin
    he unfriended me and never read my last text. That's why I'm pretty sure it's over, even though he hasn't been MIA for very long.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice