LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Facebook profile showing up blank

Originally Posted by dundermiflin
    I was his FB friend. So then I was removed and blocked. He was responding to the jokes last night. I was at his house several times and didn't see any evidence of a girlfriend/wife, but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Yes, hold off on intimacy, I know. I did for a little bit, what I thought was a reasonable amount of time and assurances that it wasn't about sex for him. How do you even tell anymore. I'm so blindsided.
    I mean, you might hold out on the 0.0001% chance he simply purged his social media, but I'd stick to the more straight forward reality in front of you. Would normally agree with boltrun if isolating the text issue, but the removal changes that game.

As far as "how you can even tell anymore," you can't. That's the inherent risk in any dynamic with someone you're not familiar with. Best you can do is take the time to get familiar enough with someone to make the leap of faith in trusting them reasonably close to the ground. And note-- "before trusting" doesn't mean you distrust them up to that point. By your own admission, this is a unique case, so I'm not certain why it should serve as an excuse to turn jaded. Good luck with what I'm sure will be future opportunities with other men.

I was his FB friend. So then I was removed and blocked. He was responding to the jokes last night. I was at his house several times and didn't see any evidence of a girlfriend/wife, but I guess that doesn't mean anything. Yes, hold off on intimacy, I know. I did for a little bit, what I thought was a reasonable amount of time and assurances that it wasn't about sex for him. How do you even tell anymore. I'm so blindsided.
    You're not blocked, unless you are pulling up a fb page for a stranger with same name - also possible.

If you are pulling up his page, then you are not blocked but have been moved to restricted status wherein you see only what is available to the public.

The "why" can be distracting. Does it matter?

It's not just this one. It's been a string of bad luck lately. I've been single for years now. I know I'll get past it and try again, but today, this one is hurting. Thanks for the responses.

It's not just this one. It's been a string of bad luck lately. I've been single for years now. I know I'll get past it and try again, but today, this one is hurting. Thanks for the responses.
    I might suggest you take your time and not get too involved with someone over the course of few days.
    Had you done this you might have had an opportunity to get a better read on him and in the end not be disappointed.

Putting all of this together, it seems like he either has a girlfriend currently or was seeing multiple people and decided to focus his energy on the one he saw a future with.

It's unlikely that it was anything you did... if he was really into you he would have not just ghosted you without warning.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by j.man
    I mean, you might hold out on the 0.0001% chance he simply purged his social media, but I'd stick to the more straight forward reality in front of you. Would normally agree with boltrun if isolating the text issue, but the removal changes that game.

As far as "how you can even tell anymore," you can't. That's the inherent risk in any dynamic with someone you're not familiar with. Best you can do is take the time to get familiar enough with someone to make the leap of faith in trusting them reasonably close to the ground. And note-- "before trusting" doesn't mean you distrust them up to that point. By your own admission, this is a unique case, so I'm not certain why it should serve as an excuse to turn jaded. Good luck with what I'm sure will be future opportunities with other men.
    Yeah, I forgot about the Facebook issue.

Sounds like someone (maybe his non-live in girlfriend) found out about you and he hid his profile so you can't see any of his info or contact him.

Sorry, but this one seems to be a no go.

Originally Posted by maew
    Putting all of this together, it seems like he either has a girlfriend currently or was seeing multiple people and decided to focus his energy on the one he saw a future with.

It's unlikely that it was anything you did... if he was really into you he would have not just ghosted you without warning.
    I agree with this on the surface.

At the end of the day though, I know if Iím sleeping with someone Iím dating Iím in no way shape or form ok with a man multidating and deciding to focus on any other number of women. Thatís a boundary I have and thereís no way Iím going to be ok with it. We all have different boundaries.

Whether he blocked or unfriended or restricted her access thereís no making it... not hurtful... especially if it came with no warning.

I wouldnít be ok with it. I doubt most would.

I did take the time to read your history before responding which is why I responded the way I did. Iíd this is a concern with you, you have to change the way youíre approaching dating, youíre treating your sexuality as a prize while also presenting yourself as someone who thinks she must prove herself worthy to date. Unfortunately you arenít a rare breed tons of women young and old approaching dating this same way and it kinda puts a target on your back as easy pretty, just say a few pretty words and gotcha!

Take a break. Not too long just long enough to figure out what you want, what your expectations are and where your boundaries lie, that way when a man is showeringnuou with pretty words but his actions donít match his words you know to walk away.

The way you wrote the original post there were a few ques that you were wary of him, sometimes itís wise to follow that gut feeling. But again also try to change your view about your sexuality. Sex is a mutually enjoyed expierience itís not a treat you give to someone because they were a good boy ( that sounded kinda dirty haha) your decision to engage in sexual intercourse shouldnít happen after a man has Ďprovení himself, you just learned your radar for that isnít tuned well anyhow. That decision should be a natural and mutual step.

Let me just state this before the casual sex nazis show up, if you want a casual set relationship continue doing what youíre doing, Iím getting the vibe you want a relationship so you canít go in with a casual mindset thinking youíre going to find a relationship.

A regular poster often talks about her dating methods and while I do not agree with all of it she went in knowing where she stood and what she wanted, I learned to do that myself and it really cuts out the crap. I always say this people will be honest, if you just pay attention people will show you their intentions heíll most will even tell you. Be your advocate look it for yourself. Youíre worth it so act like it!

Good luck!

Bronze Member
    I think if a guy wants sex, doesn't matter what you do( give it to him or not) it won't change his mind. Had you not slept with him he would still ghost you. So no need to beat yourself up for it. You enjoyed the sex too right?!
    And I also don't think there's always a way to detect a guy's true intention. He can act(yes, not just words but actions too) really really nice yet still ghost you.
    I think we just have to be strong. Definately need to have a high standard in selecting guys and if they still ghost you, onto the next! Get a rebound if that's necessary lol

Silver Member
    It seems that men that age are rather fickle. I would agree, reconciliation with an exgirlfriend is high on the list of possibilities or prioritizing someone else he was seeing. It could be a woman he was very interested in circled back around, particularly if she caught wind of dating you (possibly others). If he unfriended you, what you're seeing is what is available to the public. You haven't been fully blocked if you can still see his page. The outcome here isn't good, and I'm sorry this has happened. They can turn on a dime and you'll never know why.

Most men I know this age are not big texters. I don't know if the high level of texting you were doing influenced this outcome. Sudden cold feet, too much too soon, a feeling of needy and clingy?? It's hard to say what's going when they seem to enthusiastically participate if not initiate a majority of the time, let alone seem to really be into you.

It hurts.

Maybe he wants to be solo for Superbowl and doesn't want to deal with Valentine's Day and he'll come back around once VDay has fully cleared.

Yes this is another viable theory, as silly as it would be to pull a stunt like that.
    Originally Posted by purplepaisley
    Maybe he wants to be solo for Superbowl and doesn't want to deal with Valentine's Day and he'll come back around once VDay has fully cleared.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice