Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cheating advice

Platinum Member
    No. You did not cheat.

You were not in a relationship. You didn't even know if you would see one another again.

When is this guy coming back?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Tawanda
    Just as a thought, you could consider taking longer than 5 minutes before you sleep with someone! You know, get to know them a little bit BEFORE you share the single most intimate physical experience with them...before you even know their last name! (I realize this is a very new concept...)
    That was his choice and not a part of the question.

Hi Thomas & welcome to ENA,

I also believe you did not cheat. However, if you still feel uncomfortable about this, you could always tell your BF about this briefly when the two of you would be getting more serious. Or if you get into that convo that most people eventually do, the "ex" convo, you could tell him then. "I did date a little, but when I saw you again, I wanted to be with you, and just you."

Please note only if you really do feel like you need to share that info. I think it's great that you even feel guilty about this, it tells me you're very conscientious of your BF's feelings.

~LC

It's not cheating but imo, volunteering this info to your boyfriend is Too Much Information, unless he explicitly asked you about it. Unless you caught some STD, what you did before you two became official is not relevant. While it's not cheating, it's not very romantic. Would you really want to know if you were in his shoes? Why? What purpose would it serve?

You did nothing wrong, you kept your options open. You are an adult and if you wanted to sleep with someone randomly or not, that is your business, no one elses.

It's not cheating for you were not exclusive, nor was there a conversation about not dating others,etc. You didn't even know if this guy was even going to be contacting you again, or what was going on. So just carry on. You never know, he may have gone back home to dump his BF/GF, and start seeing you.

Do you want to think you cheated? Hope you're not trying to take some kind of license to "get this off your chest" by inserting some needless drama into a conversation with this new guy.

Originally Posted by thomaslong
    Thanks RedDress, no conversation about exclusivity when we met. I didn't even think about it at the time. When met for the second time we started to feel things for each other and the i love you was used. But a month after this we started using the boyfriend term, which seemed appropriate at the time.
    The no it's not cheating. Until it is mutually understood or declared that you are exclusive - anything goes. It's dating, not marriage.

Its not cheating nor is having two dates with someone suppose to equal loving them. Please slow the heck down and keep your head about you.

Platinum Member
    You have two active threads about this relationship and seem very anxious about it. Is this because you two live so far apart? And that you haven't spent a lot of time physically together?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice