Arranging a date with library girl via email

troubledstud

Recently a girl and I have been making frequent eye contact in the library. We break a smile at each other every now and again. We always sit at the same place, at the same time, despite their being plenty of other seats in the library. This has been going on for 4 days now. We’ve never spoken to each other.

I’ve managed to find out her name by looking at who logged onto the computer she sits at and subsequently found out her email address.

Would sending her an email (with the intention of arranging a date) when we’re at the library at the same time be witty or would this be a turn off?

Recently a girl and I have been making frequent eye contact in the library. We break a smile at each other every now and again. We always sit at the same place, at the same time, despite their being plenty of other seats in the library. This has been going on for 4 days now. We’ve never spoken to each other.

I’ve managed to find out her name by looking at who logged onto the computer she sits at and subsequently found out her email address.

Would sending her an email (with the intention of arranging a date) when we’re at the library at the same time be witty or would this be a turn off?

I’d say it would be a turn off unless she was extremely interested in you. I always think it’s best to be as confident as possible and just go up to her and be funny. Honestly if she likes you she will make it obvious and will make it easy for you to ask her out.

Remember she’s just another girl treat her like that. Treat her as friend be funny and confident. Tell her I want to take you out and have some fun. Don’t mention a relationship or getting to know each other at all. Smiles laughter and having a good time. If she rejects you move on and never look back.

Be yourself! Own your strengths! If you think she’ll say yes you can ask her. In person IMO is always the best option. Ask for her number, Snapchat or ask her out to her face. Don’t creep her. You are a prize my guy don’t forget that.

Speaking for myself only, if anyone ever did that to me I'd find it really creepy and very off-putting.

Emailing her would be horrifically lame since you've seen each other several times in the same place. So being in a library, what could you possibly have to talk about? Books, maybe? If you are in a college library, try something such as "Wow! You have to study as much as I do, what subject?" Or in a public library "Hello, you like to read as much as I do, what have you been reading?" No need to research the rocket science section, it's just about having a simple conversation. Then blah, blah, followed by "It's great chatting with you, but difficult in a library, how about a time for coffee?"

Yes, there may be one or two of the etiquette police left in the world who would say it's not okay to talk in a library. Forget them. Just whisper loud enough.

And clearly from the previous responses, it should be clear to you that emailing a stranger who didn't give you their address is not okay in a current world of psychos.

Archived