Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3-4 Month Break in Relationship

I misread your original message and thought she said not to date others. The fact that she said you could date others, well, as a woman I know if I said that to a guy, I totally don't care. A woman who loved you would be sick at the thought of that. I wouldn't put myself on hold for someone like this.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Andrina
    I misread your original message and thought she said not to date others. The fact that she said you could date others, well, as a woman I know if I said that to a guy, I totally don't care. A woman who loved you would be sick at the thought of that. I wouldn't put myself on hold for someone like this.
    I agree with Andrina.

She's not anywhere near as emotionally-attached to you as you are to her, OP. Asking for a break is an indication of that in and of itself, but telling you it's fine if you want to date other girls tells you just how detached she already is - and how little she actually cares about the outcome of this break. In other words, don't hold your breath for a reconciliation after the 3-4 months is up. She knows that giving you the green light to see others means you might not be single anymore by the time summer arrives, and she's alright with that. Why? Because she isn't actually planning to put herself on hold for you, either.

I think it's better if you treat this as a break-up.

“She also has other things going on in her life with mental illness that she needs to figure out.”
    Wha...?!? Yikes! You were just handed a gift...”take a break, date other people, etc”. Take it and run, don’t walk, far away from this little girl. Seriously, she’s 17-18 and wants you to date other people. She doesn’t want a relationship now...she wants to play! And that is absolutely appropriate for her age! And yours, too! There is no place for a serious relationship between the two of you. Let it go and call it a day. There is a big, wide world waiting for you to explore it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice