Helping A Lesbian

Eric Arcinie

Before I start, I respect her choice if being lesbian, with that in mind. Let me start the thread.

So I hang out with a girl, who we'll name "X" for anonymity. She identifies as a lesbian, and she is a pretty amazing woman for a pre-adult. Recently she started to feel bad about how her friends have a special someone, excluding me since I'm single. I feel really bad since Valentine's Day is coming and she has nobody to share her love with, is there any advice that I can give her to help her in her own love quest? I would really appreciate the help.

she is a pretty amazing woman for a pre-adult. Recently she started to feel bad about how her friends have a special someone, excluding me since I'm single. I feel really bad since Valentine's Day is coming and she has nobody to share her love with, is there any advice that I can give her to help her in her own love quest?.

Pre-adult?? So she's a teenager? I don't think you need to do anything to "help her". No need to give her advice either, imo. Not sure why you feel she needs help or advice in finding her own "love quest".

How old is she? Is she "out"? Are you a straight guy? Are you into her romantically? Why not be friends? The only advice you can give her is to join some LGBT friendly support or social groups online or in real life or if she is old enough, get on some LGBT dating apps.

she is a pretty amazing woman for a pre-adult. Recently she started to feel bad about how her friends have a special someone, excluding me since I'm single. I feel really bad since Valentine's Day is coming and she has nobody to share her love with.
That she doesn't need a partner to be a complete human.

To love her family and friends and hobbies and ambitions, and of course herself.

This!

But I also must echo Capricorn's thought as to why you feel the need to "help" her? I mean, I get it. You're friends, but any real friend, regardless of gender and sexual identity, will let a friend be who they are without trying to set them up or fix their love lives.

It almost sounds like you have a crush on her. Would that assumption be correct?

Archived