Why would he want me on his line?

My ex and I just broke up about two weeks ago after doing long distance for about a year.

He was in the military for the past six years and lived 6,000 miles away from me. He finally got out on Christmas Eve for good and about two weeks after broke up with me which was very unlike him.

This man had an engagement ring for me that he had already shown my best friend for her approval. He wanted the whole marriage and kids thing so it completely took me by surprise when he ended it.

He had claimed that the fighting was what did him over. In all honesty we fought about once a week and I chalked it up to growing pains. It was never about serious subjects and despite both of us having communication issues I assumed we were both in this for the long run and would work through everything together. After all, it was both of ours very first "adult" relationship.

A week after the breakup I approached him to get some closure which ended up turning into a second shot. He asked if I wanted to hang out the next day to which I replied yes and when the next day came he simply said he was not ready and he was still hurt from the fighting. That he wanted the opportunity to focus on school and getting a job.

Long story short, we now have a cell phone bill together. When I asked him what I should do about that he replied with it would be easier and cheaper if you just stayed on it.

I guess my question is why would you want an ex girlfriend on your phone bill?

I should also add that prior to breaking up with me he was not showing any signs. We had literally bought some art for our "future apartment" that same weekend and the was just as lovey and attentive as any other time.

Sorry to hear this. How long were you dating overall. Unfortunately it sounds like you are incompatible as far as timelines, goals, etc. After discharge from the military he does need to regroup and consider what civilian profession he wants to pursue. So that's not the time to go on and on about pictures of rings, future apartments, etc. You are simply not on the same page. Chronic arguments are not growing pains they were in fact signs of incompatibility.

Get off his phone plan asap. Since he is the administrator he can access everything you do on your phone. Calls, texts, pics, data, etc. As well as change the account password or simply turn the service off. Do not accommodate this because it's a bargain. Do not let phone plan economy dictate anything, you need to move on. At this point no contact is best. Also you should delete and block him rather than be tempted to continue when you know he does not want what you want right this moment.

-My ex and I just broke up about two weeks ago after doing long distance for about a year.

-He had claimed that the fighting was what did him over. In all honesty we fought about once a week and I chalked it up to growing pains.

-he wanted the opportunity to focus on school and getting a job.

Long story short, we now have a cell phone bill together.

I should also add that prior to breaking up with me he was not showing any signs.

Archived