Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you accept this? Too ill to see me but has dinner with ex girlfriend

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    I wouldn't go. It would be torture. Why put yourself through that?

He still has something going on with his ex, that's quite clear. How could anyone enjoy Mexico knowing that?
    Probably better advice than mine.

I am, I admit, a skilled compartmentalizer, especially when it comes to travel. I can back burner some emotional turmoil in the name of palm trees and margaritas for two weeks—but, yeah, that's maybe not the soundest approach.

No, this is not normal and I wouldn't accept. Sending you that picture was already disrespectful but going out with her after telling you he couldn't be with you because of his cough? I don't buy this. I think he's using the old "but I was transparent and honest with you, I told you I was with her" to cover up what he's doing. Even if he's not cheating on you, this seems very inappropriate and shady. Maybe he's not over her.

Platinum Member
    No way would I go with him on this trip.

He's not over his ex, OP. You know this.

Platinum Member
    If you can, resched the trip to go solo without him. Then send him pictures of you and a cantina bartender.

He's dating the so-called ex.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I am, I admit, a skilled compartmentalizer, especially when it comes to travel. I can back burner some emotional turmoil in the name of palm trees and margaritas for two weeks—
    I would go on the trip too! Why miss out on a fun vacation just because he is being a d!ck? Have a great time... lay in the sand, have lots of drinks and s.e.x. either with him or without... then dump his sorry a$$ as soon as you hit the tarmac at home.

Originally Posted by maew
    I would go on the trip too! Why miss out on a fun vacation just because he is being a d!ck? Have a great time... lay in the sand, have lots of drinks and s.e.x. either with him or without... then dump his sorry a$$ as soon as you hit the tarmac at home.
    Phew—here I was feeling momentarily like someone who trades integrity for white sand and boozy sex.

Haha..that's funny.

Though I wouldn't be into it.

Hey Nadine,
    Your BF showed no respect to you and the relationship. He needs to be taught some good manners.

If I were you I'd go to the trip, have a blast, or at least keep up appearance that you're having so much fun, while totally ignoring his presence. Flirt with other guys in front of him,chat with other people and just treat him like a pet, or annoyance. Wake up earlier and go to breakfast without him. Ignore him by being totally immersed in your book, phone, keep a happy smile whatever you are busy doing. And of course-no sex. Leave him high and dry. If he protested about being treated like a part of the furniture, or throws a tantrum-reply each and every time with-"oh, I thought you were more interested in your ex. Obviously yo prefer her company to mine, so why do not you chat with her, instead of running after me? Yo are so annoying" with the sweetest smile on your face. Most important take away-act totallly happy and cool; and second, no sex.

When on the ruturning leg, YOU dump him at the airport and gracefully disappear by taking a separate cab. Make it a memorable holiday.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by East4
    Hey Nadine,
    Your BF showed no respect to you and the relationship. He needs to be taught some good manners.

If I were you I'd go to the trip, have a blast, or at least keep up appearance that you're having so much fun, while totally ignoring his presence. Flirt with other guys in front of him,chat with other people and just treat him like a pet, or annoyance. Wake up earlier and go to breakfast without him. Ignore him by being totally immersed in your book, phone, keep a happy smile whatever you are busy doing. And of course-no sex. Leave him high and dry. If he protested about being treated like a part of the furniture, or throws a tantrum-reply each and every time with-"oh, I thought you were more interested in your ex. Obviously yo prefer her company to mine, so why do not you chat with her, instead of running after me? Yo are so annoying" with the sweetest smile on your face. Most important take away-act totallly happy and cool; and second, no sex.

When on the ruturning leg, YOU dump him at the airport and gracefully disappear by taking a separate cab. Make it a memorable holiday.
    This is playing games and unlikely to help the OP get past a hurtful experience.

Agree. Just end it. Don't play games or try to create a rom-com break-up scene.
    Originally Posted by nutbrownhare
    This is playing games and unlikely to help the OP get past a hurtful experience.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice