Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosted after 5 months of dating

Bronze Member

Ghosted after 5 months of dating

I was just ghosted. Unexpectedly. Without any warning.

After dating for 5 months, I thought we had a real connection. Though we both know this relationship isnít the ďoneĒ for us because of our many incompatibilities with what we want for our future, I thought that at the very minimum, we respected each other enough to have a proper ending.

It hurts. I feel abandoned. I feel rejected. I feel humiliated.

Iíve been crying a lot and dealing with a lot of restlessness and anxiety. I just need to know I am not alone in the world.

Platinum Member
    When was the last time you heard from this person, OP?

Bronze Member
    Thursday. We were exchanging messages. He didnít reply to my last one. But I can see that heís online on FB posting random stuff.

In the past, he would be very considerate in explaining why he couldnít reply right away. This is the first time since we met that we didnít talk for more than one day.

I'm very sorry this has happened. I have been ghosted too in similar circumstances in the past and I know it hurts. After 5 months of consistent dating, ghosting is indeed a douche move.

It has nothing to do with you or you value but how he deals with conflict which is a very immature way.

Don't pursue him or text him. Take control by deleting him.

Platinum Member
    I have also been ghosted ...someone very close to me just got ghosted ...it is cruel and a spineless way out ...you are not alone x

So sorry to hear about your being ghosted, that's a VERY low blow on his part to just ghost you like that, especially after 5 months of dating. I for one would NEVER ghost someone flat out like that, especially after dating that long. Very immature move too in my honest opinion. I know it's difficult, but just take comfort in the fact that you had no control over this situation, this was all his decision. Don't let his way of thinking control how you are. Don't make any attempts to contact your ex, do your best to begin the healing process. Healing will be tough, but in the meantime, block his Facebook and all other social media, and delete every memory of him. That will help you heal a lot faster.

You're definitely not alone. And like Annia says, it's more to do with him than you that's for sure!

I will say though that your reaction shows you may have been more invested in the relationship than you thought you were (?)

You'll be feeling better soon*

Question for debate: Which is worse? Ghosting or Bread crumbing?

I got bread crumbed....It went on for months!

Be kind to yourself*

Carus*

Sorry this happened. What was your last message? Perhaps he sees all the incompatibilities and arguments as the breakup. What were the incompatibilities and was there any solution to them? How often were you seeing each other in person?
    Originally Posted by audrey28
    Thursday. We were exchanging messages. He didnít reply to my last one. This is the first time since we met that we didnít talk for more than one day.

Bronze Member
    We never really fought. We wanted different things out of life though (he wanted to have a child and I didnít). We actually had a breakup around Nov but neither of us stuck to it. We were still communicating with each other and seeing each other regularly. I know though that heís averse to confrontation as he said he has that issue and he tries to avoid conflict.

Our last message exchange was just trading cat photos. My last text was a casual question asking him what heís working on. That was the end of it. Less than a week before this ghosting, he didnít message me for 1 day and apologized that there was a family crisis he had to pay attention to.

What was the breakup in Nov about? What type of conflict is he trying to avoid? It sounds like he just hasn't messaged in a while.

All you can do is wait it out or shoot out a meaningful text and ask to meet up in person.

Is there simply too much nonsense texting going on? What about in person? When did you last see each other?
    Originally Posted by audrey28
    we both know this relationship isnít the ďoneĒ for us because of our many incompatibilities with what we want for our future. We wanted different things out of life though he wanted to have a child and I didnít. We actually had a breakup around Nov but neither of us stuck to it. We were still communicating with each other and seeing each other regularly.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Videos

Maintaining A Strong Relationship

Detaching From a Malignant Man

Divorced Parents Prefer Technology and Social Media As Communication Tool

Wedding Jitters Could Be a Predictor for a Future Divorce

Botox Fights Depression And Makes You Feel Happier

Men Are More Sensitive than Women when Having Relationship Problems
Give Advice
Ask For Advice