LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mother on drugs

Originally Posted by laney1979
    Thanks for the reply. Not sure why you put " killing me" in inverted commas. It is 😔 I feel so sorry for the baby. If I were to call social services, will the baby get taken away from his father too?
    Yes, you said this:
    It's killing me knowing this poor little baby is being brought up with a mother who behaves this way.
    I don't know if they would give the father custody or not but I doubt it since he's living with her and putting up with her abuse and the neglect of the upkeep of the home and putting up with her attacks. You seem to be focused on the mother's issues only. Please note that He has some big issues that he should be addressing with the help of a therapist if he doesn't have the common sense to see a lawyer and get advice on how to get full custody as well as staying and putting up with her physical abuse.

Please reconsider being in a relationship with a man that is so codependent that he stays in this woman's life as she beats him instead of doing what it takes to get out with that child.

Platinum Member
    Call CPS.

Get rid of the loser boyfriend. Why would you involve yourself in something like this!

That situation is sick.

Platinum Member
    You are 38. I thought you were 18.

Do you always choose dramatic situations like this? This guy has red flags all over him.

Do the right thing and contact CPS. There's the possibility you could be the only voice for this child.

I can only speak for myself, but I could never sleep at night while knowing of this child being in a dangerous environment.

Platinum Member
    So you don't want to call CPS because you're afraid your boyfriend will get mad at you for calling.

How would you feel if something truly awful happened to that poor innocent baby? Would you tell yourself "Well, at least my boyfriend isn't mad at me!!"

BTW, he chose to lay down bareback with this so called druggie. So what does that say about him?

I sure hope you two are using condoms since you know he had sex with a woman who brings home random men.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    So you don't want to call CPS because you're afraid your boyfriend will get mad at you for calling

No, I never said that anywhere in my comments. That would be the least of my concerns. I also never said I didn't want to to cps. As I mentioned in previous comments.. I'm looking into it. You have to understand that this is tough for me to do.

Originally Posted by Hollyj
    You are 38. I thought you were 18.

Do you always choose dramatic situations like this? This guy has red flags all over him.
    There's no need to be mean. I'm just looking for advice to help a situation. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have posted

And to answer your question, no, I do not. I just found all this out last night. I haven't been dating this guy for a month knowing all this. Which is why I came here to ask " what would you do"?. I knew she had parties. Me and the guy I'm dating were all good ... no signs of red flags, Until I found all this out last night when she arrived home out of her face on pills. So no, I didn't even know I was in this dramatic situation.

Originally Posted by HeartGoesOn
    Do the right thing and contact CPS. There's the possibility you could be the only voice for this child.

I can only speak for myself, but I could never sleep at night while knowing of this child being in a dangerous environment.
    Thanks for the response. I'm awake right now thinking about it. I'm definitely not going to turn a blind eye to it.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Yes, you said this: I don't know if they would give the father custody or not but I doubt it since he's living with her and putting up with her abuse and the neglect of the upkeep of the home and putting up with her attacks. You seem to be focused on the mother's issues only. Please note that He has some big issues that he should be addressing with the help of a therapist if he doesn't have the common sense to see a lawyer and get advice on how to get full custody as well as staying and putting up with her physical abuse.

Please reconsider being in a relationship with a man that is so codependent that he stays in this woman's life as she beats him instead of doing what it takes to get out with that child.
    You're 100% right. It's not just her issues. He needs to man up and sort this out. I think I was more focused on her because she's the one with the drug issue. I definitely will have to do something for the poor babies sake. It's not fair on the poor innocent child .

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Please make that call tonight. Please make this child’s dire situation completely known . I know it is not easy I have made CAS calls before.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice