AleonaGad

Hi, all! I'd really appreciate an advice. but first, a pre-story:

I was dating a guy and went through a mad crazy breakup. Was really bad. But we also hung out in the same group of people for a couple of months. I really liked one guy there, we were all still hanging out after the breakup. I think, that guy liked me too. He was always caring, thoughtful, teasing like a first-grader pulling on girl's braids to catch her attention. But he once sent me a text, outt of the blue, that he'd not date a friend's ex becuase it's hard and he did it once, was worth it - but never again. When the breakup was on it's peak, we lost touch with the whhole group. My ex moved pretty far away and he visits them very seldom - once a month or 2 months. He didn't even tell them he was leaving, so they weren't happy either as for what kind of friend he is.

Recently, we started haning out again, without my ex. Yesterday everyone was very very drunk and there was quite some flirting between us. We were dancing, singing, drinking - whole evening. The night ended up with us being alone. he asked if he could kiss me and gosh - for me there were many sparkles. We were so much into it. I didn't want to sleep with him just like that - so I told him that I don't sleep with people that easily. To which he said 'me neither, don't worry, I will not sleep with you'. But we still had everything except for actual intercourse. We both enjoyed it a lot, around 7am he left. He did say 'lets keep it our little secret, so that X will not find out about it'. We kissed goodbye, he left. We chatted a bit today. I said smth like 'idk why i put those beers in the freezer, I wasn't thinking very straight at 3am' and he answered 'we weren't really thinking staright anyways' and some unrelated texts. It's a complicated situation, really. And maybe not even morally correct. But I really really really like him. But I am not sure if it was just a drunken story, or there was something. I hope he didn't think that was a mistake.

My question is now, how to make him want more? I know we should've limited it on a kiss, but we were too drunk to care. But it would've been easier to make him want more. I shouldn't be desperate and text him etc - but how to get the initiative from him? Act cool, but not too cold, but we also don't hang out that much. Are there some tips like message examples or certain words to say, some behavior tricks? To make him make the first (second) step?

That's a tough one, because you've got two strikes against you right from the start:

1.) He knows your ex and already told you he doesn't date his friends exe's.

2.) You kissed while drunk and alcohol can make people behave recklessly.

I think all you can do is wait till you and your group of friends hang out again, but hopefully the next time there won't be drinking. You can't find out for sure if he likes you if you keep seeing him whilst drunk.

Hopefully next time neither of you will be drinking at all and maybe you will be able to talk and get a better idea of where he is at with dating you.

Don't focus on making him do or feel anything or tricks. be friendly, a little flirty and either he wants to date or not. Decide if you want to continue just hooking up or if you want to date. Don't get drunk together. Go out on dates, if he asks you.

My question is now, how to make him want more? we were too drunk to care. Are there some tips like message examples or certain words to say, some behavior tricks?

Archived