Why is everyone still hung up on this? The yelling at the kids is NOT the issue. Not directly anyway. Are you guys under the impression that all I do is raise my voice to them? I've only done this a handful of times, and usually I only do it to prevent them from breaking my windows or cause other similar damage to my things. Oh, and I only raise my voice AFTER I try to patiently explain (multiple times) why they can't behave this way. On what planet is that unreasonable???

She's been divorced for a year or so. Separated for a year and a half. The guy left and they haven't seen or heard from him since. The 6 year old has memories of his dad, but her younger daughter doesn't.

And if you guys want to continue this BS about how my yelling at the kids is the real issue, then let me add that any wrong doing or inappropriate behavior on my part is heavily outweighed by all the times I helped her son by playing with Legos, fixing his bed, playing card games, board games and videogames with him, putting his new bicycle together... And how Everytime I walk into her place, her daughter screams my name, runs up to me and gives me a hug. What a monster I must be! Have there been times where I should have shown more patience with them? Probably. For the sake of argument, let's say yes. But all the good things I've done for them and with them, outweighs that by at least 1000 to 1.

That being said, as much as I love my GF and her kids, I think I'm more likely to end the relationship before she does. I think I'm going to detach for a few days, not contact her at all. Maybe a few days without me communicating with her will help her realize her love for me. I know, it's a longshot. If she contacts me unpromted, then maybe something is still there, depending on what she has to say of course.. I'm not a fan of this tactic, but I feel that it's the only card I have left to play to save the relationship.