Weird post

Yeli3

Hello so I have an interesting post that I’m just not sure where to post. My daughters dad and i haven’t been together in 2 years. During that time he got with someone else and had another baby. Anywho, I’ve been talking to my best friends about moving to GA or TX for a year however last year he told me he will be moving to GA which is when I decided to not move there. Ultimately TX was my choice. I told myself 2019 will be the year I move. So 2 weeks ago he tells me he’s moving to TX and is going for a visit this week. Friends and family that I haven’t mention TX to are now saying I shouldn’t be chasing after him. He has a woman and kid. That it’s look wrong as me following them to another state. My problem is I’m a private person so I never mentioned to everyone that I had plans to move there long before he said anything. I guess my question is.. Would it look weird if he’s to move to TX and i move in a few months. Also his girlfriend and i, we aren’t friends however, I have nothing against her. She has a good relationship with my daughter which I respect. Recently he made a comment to her friends saying he’d wish I’d move to TX as well but I believe it’s obviously to be close to our child. They then got into an argument because her friends told her, he still has feelings for me due to that comment.

Contact your attorney regarding child support, visitation, custody and what laws are in place as far as his right to proximity to his kids and interstate situations. It doesn't matter what it looks like to whom. What matters is doing the right thing for your kids and making sure they have adequate child support and what kind of custody and visitation arrangements you have with their father. However, he has a new partner and family, so keep your discussions strictly about the kids and the best co-parenting. There is nothing to argue about, it's over move on. Focus on your kids best interests not getting him back or breaking up his family.

I am most definitely not trying to break up his family. Not once did I say that in the post. I had plans to move there prior to him mentioning anything. He chose GA so I decided not to move there. Now with TX i already had done all the research and am very excited to move there. However feel some type of way because i don’t want to be in the same state as him or make seem like I’m chasing after him because I am not.

How do you know he even picked the same neighborhood?

Because he’s been calling me telling me about his visit this week. Also he wants me to not change my plans to move to TX, he stated he would help with my moving expenses so he could be close to his daughter. The neighborhood I’m looking at are 20-30 minutes away from where he’s moving to. I think that’s a good distance right?

- I don’t believe the fact that you and he chose the same neighborhood that is hundreds of miles away, in the biggest state in the country, was a coincidence. At all.

- Your life is YOURS. If you want to live in Texas, do it, but not because *he* wants to live in GA. If you want to live in GA, do it, but not because *he* wants to live in TX. Making a giant move like that needs to be for you, based on a culture you like, a good job you found, local attractions you’re in to, etc. Your family should not push you one way or another, nor should your ex. The only way your ex should be involved in the decision is when you decide what you want the father/daughter relationship to look like.

Archived