I don’t want to lead anyone on

angel11223

I’ve been flirting back and forth it’s this guy from school for a couple of months now. Encouraged by friend, I asked him if he was interested in me, to which he said yes (and I confessed as well). Nothing came of it, even though we continued to flirt and talk. A week afterwards, I began to lose feelings and regretted the whole ordeal. They came back, very strongly, and the fact that we weren’t technically together weighed on me. After a month of lining after him, I began to grow distant and lost feeling because I have no intention of waiting forever for a high school relationship.

I followed a guy from another school on insta, and I seriously considered texting him. But, because I’m not that brave, I just left it be. I still kind of liked the new guy though. The first boy asked me to go hang out, and I didn’t get the feeling I usually get when I make progress with whoever I like. I agreed, but didn’t feel quite right about it. I prayed for a sign of what i should do.

Th next morning, I had a text message from the new guy. I just don’t like the first guy like that anymore, but I swear I never intended to lead him on. I feel so guilty about it. I’m not usually like this; it’s happened once before (losing feelings when the other person acts on them) but never with a person who I genuinely like as a friend. I don’t know what to; I don’t want to hurt anyone, but I also want to make myself happy. I know I shouldn’t worry about it because I’m the end, it is just high school. I hate causing pain to others tho, and I would never lead someone on without ever having had feelings. I feel so guilty. Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Things happen op I think you’re overthinking it too much. You weren’t in a committed relationship with any of the guys so look at it that way. In the end it comes down to your own happiness. You would lead him on even more if you committed to him and didn’t share the same feelings.

Just be honest with him and say you met someone new and you don’t see him and you together as a fit.

Well, he simply waited to long to actually ask you out (if you call asking you to "hang out" asking you out, I don't) and you found yourself interested in another guy. No big deal... just tell him because he didn't ask you out after you talked, you thought he lost interest and someone else has come along. You're not obligated to give exclusivity to either one of them at this point so I'm not sure why you're cutting one off just because you're texting another. The other guy hasn't yet even asked you to "hang out!"

Archived