Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 124

Thread: Is she just crazy or am I a bad friend?

  1. #101
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    22,081
    Originally Posted by Rockchick26
    This is how she describes herself. I am not making anything up or exaggerating. I am using the same words and phrases she uses to describe her life to me.



    Yes, I do. I listen to advice, I just defend myself when I'm being judged. I give more detailed answers to clarify things that people aren't understanding correctly. I come to this forum for purpose that it was intended for, to vent, to get advice, to not feel alone. I read other people's posts in here and see no difference between theirs and mine. I looked just now and people are describing their situations saying "bad" things about the people they are complaining about, but because I'm everyone's favorite person to judge and mock, it's wrong when I do it. Like I said, this will be the last post I ever make in this forum. I'll stick to the other forums and FB groups where people are nice.



    I could give you some quotes from my FB page but you probably wouldn't believe they were about me.



    What does that say about you, that you think a comment is funny that someone made up to make me feel bad? Nobody has ever said I am mopey, depressing, or negative. You will have to take my word for it, since there's no way I can prove it to you.
    She says your negative, and she also said someone else made a comment about Eeyore.

  2. #102
    Platinum Member figureitout23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    4,675
    Originally Posted by Batya33

    I also think you should look at your past thread about working and jobs/making money and see how many times you came up with excuses/shot down the many many suggestions that were made. Sounds a lot like what your friend does.
    Yep.

    For a second I thought maybe she was describing herself to get help on how to work on herself.

  3. #103
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    881
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    I get that you hate cellphones. I did too and I am in my 50s. I got one when I was pregnant in my 40s (in 2009) and got a smartphone because we both got them about 5 years later. I think it's fine that you don't want a smartphone and not fine to keep asking others to send you photos because you don't feel like getting one or taking photos.
    I guess I just assume people would do things for me that I do for them. Every time I take a picture with someone, I send it to them, or post it (asking first) tagging them in it.

    I also think you should look at your past thread about working and jobs/making money and see how many times you came up with excuses/shot down the many many suggestions that were made. Sounds a lot like what your friend does.
    As i keep saying, the difference is I am trying to find a solution. I don't still have the same problems after a decade. My friend has been living the same exact life for around 10 years now, still having the same problems. Also another difference is she HAS solutions that she comes up with, but just doesn't do them. I had to dig deep to find my solution because it isn't something most people suggest, they don't think outside of the box enough to fit my criteria.

  4. #104
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,120
    Originally Posted by Rockchick26
    I guess I just assume people would do things for me that I do for them. Every time I take a picture with someone, I send it to them, or post it (asking first) tagging them in it.



    As i keep saying, the difference is I am trying to find a solution. I don't still have the same problems after a decade. My friend has been living the same exact life for around 10 years now, still having the same problems. Also another difference is she HAS solutions that she comes up with, but just doesn't do them. I had to dig deep to find my solution because it isn't something most people suggest, they don't think outside of the box enough to fit my criteria.
    Yes, this clarifies your sense of superiority which I am sure your friend senses too. It doesn't sound like you've found solutions you have implemented with respect to work such that you are now making a living at any of your solutions, right?

    Please don't assume that just because you react in a certain way others will too. You don't take as many pictures anyway, right? It's so ironic - on the one hand you claim that people "don't think outside the box enough to fit my criteria" and yet you expect other people to react as you would? And in this case you don't take as many photos as she does -if you did you wouldn't keep expecting her to send them to you.

    Humility is also a great quality in being a good friend. Just a gentle suggestion.

  5.  

  6. #105
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    881
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    How many of your friends know your feelings towards this woman? What do they say?
    I have only talked about this with one other friend, it's a guy that has already told me his opinion of her before so I knew he wouldn't tell her, plus guys are just better friends anyway. He told me when he first met her he could tell she was needy, always needing to be talking to someone, always needing attention and adoration from people. I guess she told him she was bipolar but not to tell anyone, (he has some mental issues too so she figured he would understand). I guess I kinda forgot about that until now. Explains a lot.

    Another time she snapped at both of us for being worried about my car getting towed, and after we left he told me she is crazy and would have never paid me the money to get my car back (because she owes me money already).

  7. #106
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    881
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    She says your negative, and she also said someone else made a comment about Eeyore.
    Yes I know what she said. But she could not remember who it was who said it (apparently)...we have mostly the same friends so if someone really did say it, they don't really know me that well. I just think she said it to make me think she's right about me being negative, like more than just her thinks that.

  8. #107
    Silver Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    881
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes, this clarifies your sense of superiority which I am sure your friend senses too. It doesn't sound like you've found solutions you have implemented with respect to work such that you are now making a living at any of your solutions, right?
    I still don't see a sense of superiority. I am just describing 2 people, 2 situations. And yes I said I did find a solution regarding work, I am going to do email marketing and a website. And I will make a living at it, it just takes more than a few months.

    Please don't assume that just because you react in a certain way others will too. You don't take as many pictures anyway, right? It's so ironic - on the one hand you claim that people "don't think outside the box enough to fit my criteria" and yet you expect other people to react as you would?

    And in this case you don't take as many photos as she does -if you did you wouldn't keep expecting her to send them to you.
    No I don't take as many pictures but I would still give them all to people even if I took 300 like she does. It isn't hard to upload pictures to FB and tag people in it, thats what people do. Well everyone but her.

  9. #108
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,120
    Originally Posted by Rockchick26
    I still don't see a sense of superiority. I am just describing 2 people, 2 situations. And yes I said I did find a solution regarding work, I am going to do email marketing and a website. And I will make a living at it, it just takes more than a few months.



    No I don't take as many pictures but I would still give them all to people even if I took 300 like she does. It isn't hard to upload pictures to FB and tag people in it, thats what people do. Well everyone but her.
    Right. I am in agreement with everyone else who has posted. Maybe we are all wrong. I do not think so. Good luck!

  10. #109
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,860
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    She says your negative, and she also said someone else made a comment about Eeyore.
    Who is this Eeyore person? I'm lost lol

  11. #110
    Platinum Member Annia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,860
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Rockchick26
    I have only talked about this with one other friend, it's a guy that has already told me his opinion of her before so I knew he wouldn't tell her, plus guys are just better friends anyway. He told me when he first met her he could tell she was needy, always needing to be talking to someone, always needing attention and adoration from people. I guess she told him she was bipolar but not to tell anyone, (he has some mental issues too so she figured he would understand). I guess I kinda forgot about that until now. Explains a lot.

    Another time she snapped at both of us for being worried about my car getting towed, and after we left he told me she is crazy and would have never paid me the money to get my car back (because she owes me money already).
    So she's bipolar apparently, and you were dismissing the fact that she has a disease (in this case mental), saying yours at least was diagnosed and was more valid than hers? It's obvious that she has mental issues, and mental disease is just as "valid" and life changing as your sleep problem or any other physical disease. Now this doesn't really matter because whatever mental disease/issue she has, you two are not compatible as friends and not healthy for each other. So it's better you do what you said you'd do: step away and leave her be.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •