Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irritated

He has a replacement lined up so he thinks he can treat you anyway he wants. If you leave no big deal to him.

Do you see any respect towards you? Do you see any devotion? Love?

This isn't your fault, this has been a choice on his part.

I don't see much of a marriage to save here anyways. If you want to try and save this then make an appointment with a marriage counselor when you are positive he can attend and then let him know about the appointment. If he balks at going then let him know that counseling is the only way OUR marriage has a chance of lasting much longer.

If he still will not go then go by yourself and talk to the therapist about what has been going on. Be honest and don't embellish so they will know exactly what has been happening.

Lost

Talking/nagging never works. You've allowed and trained him to be a jerk. It's simple. Stop "waiting on him". Who cares if he calls his mother? Is he going to "tell on you" as if in kindergarten? You need to start taking action. Stop begging, acting like a servant, depending on him and talking at anyone who isn't listening/doesn't care. .

Start doing more things you enjoy with your friends and family. Join some groups and clubs. Start a self improvement program. Privately start going to a therapist and start discussing whatever dissatisfaction you have and what you can do about it. Do not discuss therapy with him.

Get fit, new clothes, hair etc. Start being more proactive toward your own happiness and satisfaction.Be out of the house more, let him fetch his own food and do his own chores, dinner, laundry, etc. more. Let him "wait on" himself. Don't be his mommy anymore.
    Originally Posted by inthewind
    -He expects me to wait on him when I'm sick.
    -I got mad at him and he threatened to call his mother and have her tell the right way to talk to people.
    -I've tried talking to him but he only half listens to me.
    -I'm beginning to think that perhaps I may actually be better off without this marriage.

Bronze Member
    I dont know how long you have been married, but I dont agree with most of the replies to "divorce and move on".
    You need to discuss counseling. there are some role confusions here, and some unique expectations that may are not comfortable with.. but this is not a deal breaker unless he isnt willing to work on it.
    The mother thing is hilarious I would hope she would side with you, just to put him in his place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice