Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Serial social media cheater

As a child of divorced parents (and in which one of them cheated on the other), I can tell you by first hand experience that children of unhappy married couples with cheating story are not happier than children of divorced parents. So this whole staying with a lying cheat because of the children is in my opinion a fallacy and misconception.

So two people end up in a hotel room together after drinking and neither one on them know if they had sex or not? Sure that is believable....NOT

You cannot move far away because your lying cheating husband will get joint physical custody or your adopted son.

Before we go any further explain why you can't divorce him.

Lost

Leave. It will not get any better, only worse.

You know now what he is doing, don't try to fool yourself that he will change or that you need to stay for your child's sake.

Just get out.

Move back to where your family is, take your son with you, file divorce papers and leave him.

I am so sorry you've going through this. I know how tough it can be. Be strong, you can do this. You need to get away from him.

We've been married for six years together 8 and half, this was before we started dating...

Originally Posted by SherrySher
    Leave. It will not get any better, only worse.

You know now what he is doing, don't try to fool yourself that he will change or that you need to stay for your child's sake.

Just get out.

Move back to where your family is, take your son with you, file divorce papers and leave him.

I am so sorry you've going through this. I know how tough it can be. Be strong, you can do this. You need to get away from him.
    Originally Posted by lostandhurt
    So two people end up in a hotel room together after drinking and neither one on them know if they had sex or not? Sure that is believable....NOT

You cannot move far away because your lying cheating husband will get joint physical custody or your adopted son.

Before we go any further explain why you can't divorce him.

Lost
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    I am sorry for all of this.

The dude is a cheat and a liar. Period.

If he thought it was his son, but only sent $200.00? Did you see any messages where he confronted her. You know that that that is all a lie.

He is cheating with multiple women. God only knows how long this has going on and how many he has been physical with. He is your problem, not them. He took the vows.

If you were thinking of your son, you would leave him. Stop making excuses. It is not healthy to keep your son in this environment. People split up all the time, and the kids grow up to be perfectly fine. It is much better than seeing a miserable parent and knowing that the other is cheating on the family.

You need to do what is best for you and your kid. Your husband is a louse. Please get tested for STDs.
    Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    How long have you been married? His extracurricular activities seem like whack-a-mole, when one is explained away, there'a another. You need to suggest marriage therapy, since you won't leave. This is one avenue. Another is to visit with your family to clear your head and get out of the thick of it and in more neutral and supportive surroundings..
    Originally Posted by reinventmyself
    I think anyone who is hit upside of their head with this kind of information feels frozen. As if they can't move and any decision seems impossible. But in time and after the shock starts to settle you do find your way out. Nothing is impossible. Actually what would be impossible is for you to stay in this sham of a marriage.

Yes, it's a crying shame that you two have a child together. But trying to endure this situation for the sake of the child isn't healthy for anyone in the long run.

Come up with a plan. Call your family and reach out for support.
    Originally Posted by smackie9
    You remember that your father cheated on your mother....how did that make you feel? So why would you want to put your son through that?
    Originally Posted by Lester
    "I gave him the benefit of the doubt and we talked things through.."
    - You gave him more time to cheat. That's all.

"Someone please help me my heart is hurting so much..."
    - Brace yourself, and take advice from those who have been there.

Once you exit the shock phase, it's going to get worse.

Much worse.

Btw, He's certainly not a serial social media cheater!

There's so much to the story I didn't add the reason I can't leave is because I have debilitating disease, I can't live with my family because they dont have access to the hospital care that I require.. My in laws help me a lot with my son.. I rely heavily on my husband for care at times

My husband and I have been together 8 , married for 6 years he slept with that girl six months before we met ..He did confront her for lying and cut her off when she admitted she was using him for money .. But it doesn't excuse the rest of his behavior... And his lying

We are talking things through, I know it's not a quick fix ,maybe we won't work out maybe we will..

Thank you for all your advice

Platinum Member
    Read James Dobson's "Love must be Tough" (Never let him see this book.)

What about marriage counselling?

You need help working this out. Anytime the word serial is put in front of anything it means this is who they are. Look up the word.

Suggest marriage counseling so you both can talk in a safe controlled environment. Perhaps he can learn to respect you and you can learn to respect yourself.

Being needy or needing your husband for insurance or daily care is not a marriage, it is an arrangement.

You came here because you don't want this to continue so take the leap and start looking for therapists.

Lost

10. 02-10-2019, 08:08 PM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice